Page 62 of 72 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: Is belief in God harmful?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,000 Times in 3,905 Posts
    Blog Entries

Maybe Fred's religion of death is based upon the Romans chapter one pattern of the world after all? I mean, it is a kill or be killed world, isn't it? Everything must kill and eat to stay alive.
    For when nothing can be as it is, then whatever is turns into nothing. Yehushuan

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 4,670 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    So, Fred left the thread because we were not worthy of his words, but he decided to come back so he could slay some of us with the sword of the spirit?

That sits right on the boarder between sad and funny. More on the sad side of things I think.

Instead of killing people with breath, why not educate people with words? Ah, whatever, what do I know..right?
    The Fred James come on here all the time. They rant and rave and foam at the mouth and then leave. That's cause we are not awed by their "ministry." Real servants of God come to serve .
    Last edited by Dottie; 02-16-2017 at 02:37 PM.
    ------------------------
    "He has shown you, O man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you. But to do justly..and to love mercy...and to walk humbly with your God."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dottie For This Useful Post:

Philip (02-16-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,092 Times in 843 Posts
    Blog Entries

Instead of killing people with breath, why not educate people with words? Ah, whatever, what do I know..right?
    Fred can't read the actual Bible, so he thinks the Sword of the Spirit is the Bible itself rather than prayer (as is clearly indicated in the Greek text).

I find that sad.

However, one cannot educate people with words they do not know.

I am reminded of the account of an African tribe which had no words or grammatical structure for "future" events. Therefore they could not conceive of the water tower on the hill in which to save up water for times of drought.

Die Grenzen meiner Sprache bedeuten die Grenzen meiner Welt. - Ludwig Wittgenstein

Yehu

PS: Oh right. Sorry about that... "The limits of my language denote the limits of my world."
    "Everybody thinks they're doing the right thing." - Gordon Anke

(One of wisest men I've known. RIP: March 5th 2017)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Yehushuan For This Useful Post:

Philip (02-16-2017)

Thanks

So, Fred left the thread because we were not worthy of his words, but he decided to come back so he could slay some of us with the sword of the spirit?

That sits right on the boarder between sad and funny. More on the sad side of things I think.

Clearly, belief in fred's false god would be harmful....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LynnCF For This Useful Post:

sealchan (02-16-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yehushuan View Post
    Ahh Fred, you are awake then. I was beginning to wonder. Then sure enough; you smell the hell fire and brimstone and come a runnin' just like every other critter does.

And yet here I am alive and well. So I, coming in the name of our LORD JESUS CHRIST, slay you with the sword of the SPIRIT as the FALSE PROPHET you are for the lie you utter below.

So plain scripture cannot mean what plain scripture states. Why am I not surprised to hear this from you. For when scripture conflicts with the Gospel of fredjames, then scripture must be explained away into spiritual nirvana with different meanings (meanings that fredjames makes up on his own) so fredjames' fragile psyche won't shatter from the TRUTH. Well dude you are the statue in Daniel, and Isaiah is the rock that just hit your feet. So How can ALL SCRIPTURE = HOLY BIBLE if you must change the words to make it say what your itching ears want to hear?

What fredjames says is scripture:
    (Isa 45:7 fred) I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and stir-up evil: I the LORD do all these things.

What God says is scripture:
    (Isa 45:7 KJV) I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Since you cannot allow the word "create" to BE as it is, and have preached a scripture which inserts other words to purposefully change its meaning, your own God declares you a false prophet and shall bring down upon your head ALL the vengeance He has in store for such creatures of the devil. The patience of the Lord has ended and you are found wanting. For the Lord sayeth he tickles your upharsin.

Yehushuan
    Ex Cathedra

PS: (Gen 1:1 FJV) In the beginning God stirred up the heavens and the earth.

Oh me!! this has all had me in stitches today...
    now I'm wondering who's God/god you believe is more harmful.... the one you believe is my monstrous God that creates evil or fred's god that is coming after you to slay you with the sword of the spirit? Show him the force... LOL

I'll take my God, the God of Jesus Christ whom is also Paul's God, over fred's god any day of the week...
    Last edited by LynnCF; 02-16-2017 at 12:37 PM. Reason: edited

Thanks

The problem with some extreme literalists is that they are not reading the Word that the authors of the Bible, who were literary artists, wrote. They worship a God they fear is judgmental and abusive because of their secret, unmentionable sin. They abuse others to cover themselves. They prescribe the remedy for others in a loud voice. They fail to remember to take the remedy for themselves.

They have not the peace they scream about.
    It's literary, not literal.

Truth is poetic, if only anyone believed this...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,092 Times in 843 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LynnCF View Post
    Oh me!! this has all had me in stitches today...
    As an aside, I am constantly amazed at how many people know Ben Franklin's aphorism, "A stitch in time save nine," and yet are completely unable to answer the question, "Nine what?"

Quote Originally Posted by LynnCF View Post
    now I'm wondering who's God/god you believe is more harmful....
    Tough call. Fred is all bluster, but you seriously wished to assassinate the Pope. Yet Fred's God permits him to murder with words, while yours stopped a real assassination, though allows for your posts, which are like the loose cannon that shoots all over the place.

I think I shall defer to the rule of Gauss (the student can easily show)....

Yehu

PS: How do you know you're a Lutheran? When you hear the phrase "May the force be with you," and you automatically reply, "And also with you."
    "Everybody thinks they're doing the right thing." - Gordon Anke

(One of wisest men I've known. RIP: March 5th 2017)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Ahh Fred, you are awake then. I was beginning to wonder. Then sure enough; you smell the hell fire and brimstone and come a runnin' just like every other critter does.
    Absurd and ignorant as usual and not surprisingly from 'counterfeits' and 'imposters' alike. For critter don't runnin during a burning situation like that but run for their lives, as one even sees goliath. Therefore deluded as usual because of your pride, you completely got me mixed up with someone else, perhaps one of your relations, sorry, wrong number .........................................

And yet here I am alive and well. So I, coming in the name of our LORD JESUS CHRIST, slay you with the sword of the SPIRIT as the FALSE PROPHET you are for the lie you utter below.
    Well, that is what someone desperate to get even tend to do, that is repeat back someone else words and add theirs in retaliation to call it 'even'. Keep up the bad work of 'copy cats'.

So plain scripture cannot mean what plain scripture states. Why am I not surprised to hear this from you. For when scripture conflicts with the Gospel of fredjames, then scripture must be explained away into spiritual nirvana with different meanings (meanings that fredjames makes up on his own) so fredjames' fragile psyche won't shatter from the TRUTH. Well dude you are the statue in Daniel, and Isaiah is the rock that just hit your feet. So How can ALL SCRIPTURE = HOLY BIBLE if you must change the words to make it say what your itching ears want to hear?
    You are 'delusional', therefore you will come up with a lot of 'false' distracting reasoning and ridicule against what is already 'tangible' according to Scripture. For you remain 'heart-harden' to distinguishing words, 'create' and 'created', period

What fredjames says is scripture:
    (Isa 45:7 fred) I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and stir-up evil: I the LORD do all these things.

What God says is scripture:
    (Isa 45:7 KJV) I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Since you cannot allow the word "create" to BE as it is, and have preached a scripture which inserts other words to purposefully change its meaning, your own God declares you a false prophet and shall bring down upon your head ALL the vengeance He has in store for such creatures of the devil. The patience of the Lord has ended and you are found wanting. For the Lord sayeth he tickles your upharsin.

'Rant' and 'wail' all you want but the words are clear and i have not changed the word but by the Help of the HOLY SPIRIT 'testified' the closest meaning to it and not word to word substitute, as how the sentence should be understood as, and not literally by your childishness and get even mentality respond.

Yehushuan
    Ex Cathedra

PS: (Gen 1:1 FJV) In the beginning God stirred up the heavens and the earth.
    You don't get it because you are 'blind', and therefore you tend to desperately 'exaggerate' using other Scripture as well, like everyone else, being wise in your own conceit relatively, that's all.
    Last edited by fredjames; 02-16-2017 at 08:18 PM.

Thanks

As an aside, I am constantly amazed at how many people know Ben Franklin's aphorism, "A stitch in time save nine," and yet are completely unable to answer the question, "Nine what?"

Tough call. Fred is all bluster, but you seriously wished to assassinate the Pope. Yet Fred's God permits him to murder with words, while yours stopped a real assassination, though allows for your posts, which are like the loose cannon that shoots all over the place.

I think I shall defer to the rule of Gauss (the student can easily show)....

Yehu

PS: How do you know you're a Lutheran? When you hear the phrase "May the force be with you," and you automatically reply, "And also with you."

what's really comical is that you do not even recognize your own cannon....

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yeah, you are absolutely right 'grandma Philip' and you are indeed way off with that. For the wisdom of this world where your are and with in your old age and finding it difficult to adopt and understand the 'new', it says,

'You can't teach an old dog new tricks.'

As it is written and a prophetic message to those 'proud' who are wise in their own conceit and who are opposing the 'All Scripture = HOLY BIBLE' sound doctrine knowledge being 'testified' here that thus saith the LORD of host;

"I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: I counsel thee to buy of gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thy eyes with eyeslave, that thou mayest see. As many as I love, i rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Behold, I stand at the door; and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with Me in My Throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with My FATHER in HIS Throne. He that hat an ear, let him hear what the SPIRIT saith unto the churches."

Page 62 of 72 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast