1 6.25%
Page 113 of 156 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1555

Thread: Do you sin?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,371 Times in 4,429 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lightbearer View Post
    I can reopen it Shroom
    Go for it. There's no real reason not to leave it open indefinitely...

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,794 Times in 1,381 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Hello Sojourning.

Adam died the day he made his own judgement on what was right and wrong.
    That's the day he died. He now had reason to fear the consequences, but no way of remedying his situation for man cannot choose life in and of himself. " for in the day of thine eating of it--dying thou dost die.'' (Gen. 2:17 YLT)
    One day years ago, I think in the 80s, I was thinking about this, I had heard two different sermons that day where the preachers were saying that Adam died spiritually, I was questioning this, and asking God, how did Adam die? The way I had previously understood it is that Adam died in the day he ate because he died in the thousand years, a thousand years being a day, and he he died at 930 years of age.

What I heard, I say I heard, because is was nothing I thought, nor would have thought, even though it was like a thought. But what I heard was that Adam died in the very day that he ate from the tree because in that day he received a body of death, which is death itself, and the last enemy to be destroyed.

Jesus didn't follow that path. It's the reason he could take the penalty... death of the body, and remove the fear.
    Life is a gift of God through the spirit when one hears and trusts God.
    I don't believe the doctrine of original sin, but I do believe that because of Adam's sin, death passed upon all men. Yeshua was a man, a descendant of Adam, death would come upon him just as it did all other men. But he didn't just die, he died at a certain time. a certain place, and a certain way, all in obedience to God. And he died believing that God would redeem him out of death and give him glory.

What I was speaking of was the translation. Notice what they need to do to make it say he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham? This is not speaking of Yeshua not taking on him the nature of angels, but taking on him the seed of Abraham, Its about death and the devil, unable to take hold of angels, but death does take hold of Abraham's seed, and knowing this, they spent their whole life in fear of death.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 1,021 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Phillip.

Relevant to try and follow what is actually said before jumping to conclusions.

Geoff.
    What has that got to do with the Romans 6:6 scripture I cited?
    "Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins." (Ja 5:20)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 4,670 Posts
    Blog Entries

I just want to comment that while people are fond of asking what sin is (which often sounds like the "just who is my neighbor question asked of Jesus) no one seems to not know what it is. So on one side they will ask just what sin is, but when it comes to answering if they do it or not, they know what sin is. Tells me how ingenuine the question is.
    ------------------------
    "He has shown you, O man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you. But to do justly..and to love mercy...and to walk humbly with your God."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MM501 View Post
    Unless God is telling you "take a step, determine your path and I will in no uncertain terms let you know if I am pleased"
    Of course, but when did God say that? Who has become perfect following that advice? We have an example of a perfect man, and he did quite the opposite:

Joh 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
    Joh 5:20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

Perhaps, "do nothing until revelation is revealed" is not "always" the right course of action.
    Perhaps that would be putting God in a box?
    When exactly would it be a bad idea to wait on God for revelation of what to do, or what he has purposed for us to do? We don't do that, because we are earthly, and we have earthly desires to fulfill. We don't have time to sit around waiting on God's direction. If we were spiritual, I think we would do it always. Though, I don't think there would be much actual waiting going on, because we would hear him always. "For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth"

Maybe sometimes He doesn't want to hold our hand through every decision but wants to see what we have learned so far.
    I think it is much more than hand holding. He want's to live IN us, and for us to live BY Him, and for us to do nothing of ourselves. If he want's to see what we have learned, let it be faith in Him.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hayden For This Useful Post:

Geoff (02-15-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,365 Times in 1,141 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    Of course, but when did God say that? Who has become perfect following that advice? We have an example of a perfect man, and he did quite the opposite:

Joh 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
    Joh 5:20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

When exactly would it be a bad idea to wait on God for revelation of what to do, or what he has purposed for us to do? We don't do that, because we are earthly, and we have earthly desires to fulfill. We don't have time to sit around waiting on God's direction. If we were spiritual, I think we would do it always. Though, I don't think there would be much actual waiting going on, because we would hear him always. "For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth"

I think it is much more than hand holding. He want's to live IN us, and for us to live BY Him, and for us to do nothing of ourselves. If he want's to see what we have learned, let it be faith in Him.
    I suppose I need to know what you mean by "wait on God for revelation of what to do".
    Like wait for 10 years before stepping out your front door because you haven't received instructions to do so?

Let's say you have a job opportunity and haven't received instructions from God on whether to accept.. do you wait? ... that is equivalent to rejecting the job after a certain time has passed...
    I'm just not sure what you mean by "wait" because more often than not, do nothing is a decision... that you are making.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,365 Times in 1,141 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
    I just want to comment that while people are fond of asking what sin is (which often sounds like the "just who is my neighbor question asked of Jesus) no one seems to not know what it is. So on one side they will ask just what sin is, but when it comes to answering if they do it or not, they know what sin is. Tells me how ingenuine the question is.
    James 1
    [14] But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
    [15] Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

I would think most of us know when we are being tempted, drawn away, and enticed.
    I would think most of us know when we succumb to temptation/enticement.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 4,670 Posts
    Blog Entries

James 1
    [14] But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
    [15] Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth dea

I would think most of us know when we are being tempted, drawn away, and enticed.
    I would think most of us know when we succumb to temptation/enticement.
    And yet you will find posters asking others to define sin for them.
    ------------------------
    "He has shown you, O man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you. But to do justly..and to love mercy...and to walk humbly with your God."

Thanks

I added my data point.

Thanks

Hello MM501.

I suppose I need to know what you mean by "wait on God for revelation of what to do".
    Like wait for 10 years before stepping out your front door because you haven't received instructions to do so?

Let's say you have a job opportunity and haven't received instructions from God on whether to accept.. do you wait? ... that is equivalent to rejecting the job after a certain time has passed...
    I'm just not sure what you mean by "wait" because more often than not, do nothing is a decision... that you are making.

Joh 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Luk 22:42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

In the light of these statements, how would Jesus answer your question?
    Do you believe there are some things where it matters not which path we take?
    As an example of what I'm getting at, Jesus must have walked past hundreds of sick people he could have healed. Did he choose to do that or was he not lead to heal them?
    I believe that even the most trivial decision we make has the potential for massive repercussions. A two second delay can be the difference between life or death. How much more defining is your employment situation if God has plans for you?
    Gal 4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son...
    I don't know about you but I know it is no accident that I'm alive at this moment and that the circumstances of my life are as they are.

Geoff.
    God cannot give us anything without (Him) first growing our faith to a point where our faith enables Him to issue forth the power to effect His desired result. (Rom. 4:16 revelation)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Geoff For This Useful Post:

hayden (02-15-2017)