12 75.00%
  • I certainly do not!

3 18.75%
  • I'm not sure...

1 6.25%
Page 1 of 156 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you sin?

Default Do you sin?

This is mainly for Christians, people who believe they are saved, but anyone is certainly free to participate.

The question is do you sin? I'm not talking about whether you've sinned in the past. The question is do you acknowledge that you still commit sin, occasionally or more frequently, on purpose or by accident, sins of commission or omission?

Since there is already a thread where the topic is being discussed, we don't need to make this another thread to discuss the topic unless people want to.

I'm just curious as to what you think. This poll will be open for 7 days.

(this is the first time I've posted a poll. If I flub it, I apologize in advance..)

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post

The question is do you sin? I'm not talking about whether you've sinned in the past.
    Every moment, every instance of time gone by, immediately becomes the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Only_3 View Post
    Every moment, every instance of time gone by, immediately becomes the past.
    Thank you for that little nugget.

Let me try rephrasing the question:

Assuming you have been a Christian for more than a year, have you sinned within the past year?

Let's cut to the chase. . .

The word of God written says that I sin (1Jn 1:8, 10).

No argument here.

I had a really bad thought today about someone and even though I did not act upon that thought, I had it and it was a sinful thought. Yes, my fleshly part is in constant war with my spiritual reborn part.
    "The mind is like a parachute; it functions only when it is open." Coe

Blog Entries

Default Have Faith

Quote Originally Posted by smoky View Post

No argument here.
    No it says you have and had sin, not that you will continue in sin. What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? (Rom 6:1-2 KJV)

There is a difference between having or had sin and continuing in sin. Besides the context relates verse eight to the chapter and the chapter is addressing those who don't know Christ yet and are not yet experiencing the joy of the LORD; eternal life, which is knowing the only True GOD and whom HE sent.

2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us. 3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father.

And what is this Eternal life?

As thou hast given him (Yeshua) power over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given Him. And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full. (Joh 17:2-3 KJV)

He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.... He that sins is of the Devil.
    1 John 2:4;3:8

Have Faith. There hath no temptation taken you but such that is common to man , but GOD is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able to bear but with the temptation also make a way to escape ,that you may be able to bear it. (true or false)

Sin or not to sin that is the question. Go and sin no more Jn 8:11 is the answer. How many times from the pulpit, from teachers, from leaders in the churches have you heard this, your only human and going to sin. When GOD says we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. Phil4:13

According as His divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain to life and godliness. Called to glory and virtue; partakers of his divine nature. 2 Peter 1:3,4

Sharing his divinity, one in Him, that is GOD. And what is the exceeding greatness of His power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power. Which he wrought in Christ and set him at His right hand. Far above all principality and power and dominion and has put all under his feet and gave him to be head over all the church which is His body the fulness of him.

The what ? THE FULLNESS AND IF WE ARE THE BODY WERE HAS ALL THINGS BEEN PLACED? Eph1:19-23 UNDER ARE FEET WHICH ARE HIS FEET. THIS IS THE GOSPEL. The New Covenant, I will put my laws into their mind and write them in their heart and I will put my laws into their hearts and in their minds will I write them.And that about covers it. Heb 8:10;10:16

Changed we are; reconciled, that is through his blood who offered Himself without spot to GOD, PURGE OUR CONSCIENCE FROM DEAD WORKS, CLEANSED OUR INWARD MAN of sin. A vessel made fit for Holy use.

FAITHFUL AND JUST TO FORGIVE AND CLEANSE US FROM ALL UNRIGHTEOUS HEB 9:14 1JN1:9

Can we do it through HIS Spirit or not? Yes through Faith HE has given us all things that pertain to life and godliness.

For we are crucified with Christ: nevertheless we live; yet not us, but Christ liveth in us: and the life which we now live in the flesh we live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved us, and gave himself for us. For we are dead, and our life is hid with Christ in God.

And Jesus said in the Gospel of John Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

For we are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Believest thou not that we are in the Father, and the Father in us? The words that we speak unto you we speak not of ourselves: but the Father that dwelleth in us, he doeth the works. For it is GOD that works in us both to will and do HIS good pleasure. With man this impossible, but with GOD all things are possible.

It seems that for the most part we want to base are faith on what we can see, feel, and touch. When all it should be is, It is written, God said it, so it must be so, and if it is not so, then something in our lives is not in accordance to the will of God as it is it is written in His Holy Word. If it is not of faith it is of sin and doubt. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways Let not that man think that he shall receive anything from the Lord. Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. The prayer of a righteous man availeth much. Mark 11 says: Whosoever Has faith in God and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Draw nigh unto God and He will draw nigh unto you Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up. And make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that we have suffered a while, make us perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle us, unblameable in holiness before God to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

May the Lord God bless you in all His ways!!!

Last edited by lightbearer; 01-06-2017 at 07:31 PM.
    Lord we believe, help our unbelief. For you have given us all things that pertain to life and godliness.

Quote Originally Posted by lightbearer View Post
    No it says you have and had sin, not that you will continue in sin. What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? (Rom 6:1-2 KJV)

There is a difference between having or had sin and continuing in sin. Besides the context relates verse eight to the chapter and the chapter is addressing those who don't know Christ yet and are not yet experiencing the joy of the LORD; eternal life, which is knowing the only True GOD and whom HE sent.

2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us. 3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father.

And what is this Eternal life?

As thou hast given him (Yeshua) power over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given Him. And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full. (Joh 17:2-3 KJV)

He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.... He that sins is of the Devil.
    1 John 2:4;3:8

Have Faith. There hath no temptation taken you but such that is common to man , but GOD is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able to bear but with the temptation also make a way to escape ,that you may be able to bear it. (true or false)

Sin or not to sin that is the question. Go and sin no more Jn 8:11 is the answer. How many times from the pulpit, from teachers, from leaders in the churches have you heard this, your only human and going to sin. When GOD says we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. Phil4:13

According as His divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain to life and godliness. Called to glory and virtue; partakers of his divine nature. 2 Peter 1:3,4

Sharing his divinity, one in Him, that is GOD. And what is the exceeding greatness of His power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power. Which he wrought in Christ and set him at His right hand. Far above all principality and power and dominion and has put all under his feet and gave him to be head over all the church which is His body the fulness of him.

The what ? THE FULLNESS AND IF WE ARE THE BODY WERE HAS ALL THINGS BEEN PLACED? Eph1:19-23 UNDER ARE FEET WHICH ARE HIS FEET. THIS IS THE GOSPEL. The New Covenant, I will put my laws into their mind and write them in their heart and I will put my laws into their hearts and in their minds will I write them.And that about covers it. Heb 8:10;10:16

Changed we are; reconciled, that is through his blood who offered Himself without spot to GOD, PURGE OUR CONSCIENCE FROM DEAD WORKS, CLEANSED OUR INWARD MAN of sin. A vessel made fit for Holy use.

FAITHFUL AND JUST TO FORGIVE AND CLEANSE US FROM ALL UNRIGHTEOUS HEB 9:14 1JN1:9

Can we do it through HIS Spirit or not? Yes through Faith HE has given us all things that pertain to life and godliness.

For we are crucified with Christ: nevertheless we live; yet not us, but Christ liveth in us: and the life which we now live in the flesh we live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved us, and gave himself for us. For we are dead, and our life is hid with Christ in God.

And Jesus said in the Gospel of John Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

For we are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Believest thou not that we are in the Father, and the Father in us? The words that we speak unto you we speak not of ourselves: but the Father that dwelleth in us, he doeth the works. For it is GOD that works in us both to will and do HIS good pleasure. With man this impossible, but with GOD all things are possible.

It seems that for the most part we want to base are faith on what we can see, feel, and touch. When all it should be is, It is written, God said it, so it must be so, and if it is not so, then something in our lives is not in accordance to the will of God as it is it is written in His Holy Word. If it is not of faith it is of sin and doubt. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways Let not that man think that he shall receive anything from the Lord. Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. The prayer of a righteous man availeth much. Mark 11 says: Whosoever Has faith in God and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Draw nigh unto God and He will draw nigh unto you Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

May the Lord God bless you in all His ways!!!

Thanks, LB.

So how did you vote? Have you sinned in the past year?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by smoky View Post

No argument here.
    1Jo 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He that committeth sin is of the devil;

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    This is mainly for Christians, people who believe they are saved, but anyone is certainly free to participate.

The question is do you sin?
    So when you say sin, What do you mean by it? John tells us that sin is the transgression of the law, and Paul said he would not had knowledge of sin except the law had taught him what sin is.

He said if the law had not taught him that it was a sin to covet, he would not have known. Probably true with other things too, like the Sabbath, how can we know to keep the Sabbath? And how can we know that there are many animals that are unclean to eat, except through the law.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sojourning View Post
    He said if the law had not taught him that it was a sin to covet, he would not have known. Probably true with other things too, like the Sabbath, how can we know to keep the Sabbath? And how can we know that there are many animals that are unclean to eat, except through the law.
    There are not many who profess that hear our LORD to this extent. Sad....
    Lord we believe, help our unbelief. For you have given us all things that pertain to life and godliness.

Page 1 of 156 1231151101 ... LastLast