Thread: Thanking God...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 1,057 Posts

Default Thanking God...

After some good natured provocation, I wish to publicly thank God for all He has done for me.
    His sacrifice on my behalf has allowed me to hope for an eternity free of pain and want.
    His immeasurable grace has allowed me to live the way men were intended to live; with Him.
    He has made me a man, instead of a toady to the devil.
    Thank you Father in Jesus' name!
    "Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins." (Ja 5:20)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Philip2 For This Useful Post:

doubleuseebee (05-18-2017), jig (10-17-2016), puddleglum (10-12-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,770 Times in 4,824 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Philip2 View Post
    After some good natured provocation, I wish to publicly thank God for all He has done for me.
    His sacrifice on my behalf has allowed me to hope for an eternity free of pain and want.
    His immeasurable grace has allowed me to live the way men were intended to live; with Him.
    Wonder where the idea for this came from? Hummmmmmmm. And I thought no one paid attention to what I write except to jump on it.
    ------------------------
    "He has shown you, O man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you. But to do justly..and to love mercy...and to walk humbly with your God."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dottie For This Useful Post:

Philip2 (10-12-2016)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I thank the Lord for the changes in my life in the last 12 months. Was not what I would have wished but has become a blessing I never expected.
    ------------------------
    "He has shown you, O man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you. But to do justly..and to love mercy...and to walk humbly with your God."

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dottie For This Useful Post:

pastor2022 (04-19-2017), smoky (05-18-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,198 Times in 1,018 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
    I thank the Lord for the changes in my life in the last 12 months. Was not what I would have wished but has become a blessing I never expected.
    Then why not share them ? If you are so "blessed" you should want to tell others .And besides, how do you know that these "changes" never came from God , but likewise from the forces of evil ? (Satan and his ministers !) . " And no wonder , For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light . Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness whose end shall be according to their works " 2nd.Cor.11:14...................m

" Aye Christian,,,know ye not that the one whom thou contendest against is none more than a reprobate ! " William Gurnell

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewDuvall View Post
    Then why not share them ? If you are so "blessed" you should want to tell others .And besides, how do you know that these "changes" never came from God , but likewise from the forces of evil ? (Satan and his ministers !) . " And no wonder , For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light . Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness whose end shall be according to their works " 2nd.Cor.11:14...................m

The forces of evil did stand against me. But God works all things to the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purposes.
    ------------------------

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Philip2 View Post
    Jesus (wonder why so few pay attention to what he said??) said that God does NOT want sacrifices. Go and learn.

Matt 9:13, "Go and learn what this MEANS, I desire mercy and NOT sacrifice..." See also Matt 12:7

As for grace that is not of God either. That is not tough to figure out either.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 1,057 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paul is GREAT View Post
    Jesus (wonder why so few pay attention to what he said??) said that God does NOT want sacrifices. Go and learn.

Matt 9:13, "Go and learn what this MEANS, I desire mercy and NOT sacrifice..." See also Matt 12:7

As for grace that is not of God either. That is not tough to figure out either.
    Yet without Christ's sacrifice "on our behalf", we would be doomed to a second death.
    I thank Him for His love for us.
    "Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins." (Ja 5:20)