Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why don't the Jewish people recognize the New Testament?

Maybe this is the answer. From the Prophet Isaiah and quoted by Yeshua;

Keep on listening, but do not perceive;
    Keep on looking, but do not understand.’
    “Render the hearts of this people insensitive,
    Their ears dull,
    And their eyes dim,
    Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
    Hear with their ears,
    Understand with their hearts,
    And return and be healed
    .”
    Truth is like a lion, it does not need to be defended, simply let it loose.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mattathias View Post
    Jesus hasn't yet fulfilled all messianic prophecy.
    So He still has to go to the cross ? Humm,,,,,,,,,then who can I attribute my salvation to ?........... m
    " Aye Christian,,,know ye not that the one whom thou contendest against is none more than a reprobate ! " William Gurnell

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyGT View Post
    Maybe this is the answer. From the Prophet Isaiah and quoted by Yeshua;

Keep on listening, but do not perceive;
    Keep on looking, but do not understand.’
    “Render the hearts of this people insensitive,
    Their ears dull,
    And their eyes dim,
    Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
    Hear with their ears,
    Understand with their hearts,
    And return and be healed
    .”
    Nevertheless many even of the rulers believed in Him, but because of the Pharisees they were not confessing Him, for fear that they would be put out of the synagogue;

Thousands also accepted baptism in the name of Jesus at pentecost.

The first believers were Jews.

Usually a child of another faith follows what their parents have taught them about their faith. However if anyone truly seeks truth form God (prayer) they will hear Jesus's voice. As those who listen and learn from the Father go to the Son.

There is a lengthy testimony of the accounting of what took place in the days and the days that followed Jesus resurrection. And even to this day Jesus is called Christ the Lord the Son of the living God. And the light of those days (the gospel) is still preached into all the world. And in Jerusalem even up to the time of the end or end of this age. Rev 11

God raised Jesus from the dead as a sign that couldn't be denied. And so it began by the power and will of God. The tomb is empty. Jesus Lives!

When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”

14They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”

15“But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”

17Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven. 18And I tell you that you are Peter,b and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.

Randy

Blog Entries

Why the many "Hebrew, Israelites, and children of Abraham" believed and proclaimed in and outside of Israel that Jesus is the Christ the Son of the living God.

Read -Matthew through Revelation - the accounting of what took place in those days. Such testimony can't be mistaken.

I am sure those who practice islam don't accept Judaism either. - Somebody is mistaken but those who have the Spirit of Christ in them know that Jesus lives and that almost 2000 years ago the mystery that was revealed is that God has made Jesus the mediator between God and man and that through/in Jesus both Jews and gentiles are members of ONE family. The children of God then are those who obey Gods command "and" hold to the testimony of Jesus.

But to those called by God to salvation, both Jews and Gentiles, Christ is the "power of God and the wisdom of God".

There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all "one in Christ Jesus".

God has given proof by raising Jesus from the dead. The tomb is empty. God has installed "His" Christ. Jesus is Lord of all.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewDuvall View Post
    So He still has to go to the cross ?
    No.
    The hound of Jewish monotheism.

"For us there is one God. He is the Father." (I Corinthians 8:6)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eliyahu View Post
    Bs"d

Why believe in a messiah who didn't fulfill the messianic prophecies?
    Why ? After forgiving His tormentors for all of the mocking and ridiculing of Him,, He forgave them. "Father forgive them for they know now what they do." Lk.23:34. But if there are yet prophecies to be fulfilled then that puts salvation and the eternal security of all those whom have trusted Him in jeopardy .His last words were " It is finished !" John 9:30........It certainly appears that there is nothing more that had to be done in order to fulfill ALL prophecies ............Get your facts straight before making bogus statements like that ..............m
    " Aye Christian,,,know ye not that the one whom thou contendest against is none more than a reprobate ! " William Gurnell

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12