Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Calvinist Dr. James White Is Sick of The Calvinist Club

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Math View Post
    If you are the kind of Calvinist James White is speaking about in this video, he recommends you read "The Practical Implications of Calvinism" by Albert Martin. I do too, and it's available for free in PDF...Click Here. I appreciate what James White said in this video. What he addresses has been a concern and complaint of mine for years with Calvinists who are arrogant, unloving, and divisive with any Christian who doesn't agree with them.

Why is this video important for Calvinists to hear? Because Dr. James White is a renowned Calvinist who defends Classical Calvinism in books, articles, and debates. He is admired by many Calvinists who don't and do behave in the ungodly way that he is addressing. (He may not be now by those whom he is addressing.) But I'm thankful that someone who is respected like he is among Calvinists took a stand against this kind of ungodly behavior. I've been so sick of it that I rarely will discuss Calvinism on the internet because I fear that Calvinists who behave this way will join in. I don't consider Calvinism to be essential to the faith either. And I believe it's absurd for a Calvinist to think otherwise. I say all this as a Calvinist and think I have good reason to think otherwise. If you are a Calvinist who disagrees, please contact me in PM and we can talk about it.

I'm not a Calvinist but I must say I've seen that arrogant, rebellious, stubborn, mocking attitude with Calvinists. Not saying those of a different school-of-thought can't be like that too, but it's my personal experience being around Calvinists one I'm quite wary of now.

Why do people assume if you're not Calvinist you're Arminian? I'm neither and tend to stay away from such debates.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 998 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by str8tawk vs heresy View Post
    I'm not a Calvinist but I must say I've seen that arrogant, rebellious, stubborn, mocking attitude with Calvinists. Not saying those of a different school-of-thought can't be like that too, but it's my personal experience being around Calvinists one I'm quite wary of now.

Why do people assume if you're not Calvinist you're Arminian? I'm neither and tend to stay away from such debates.
    You,,,??? You're not a Calvinist ?/ You poor dear man,,, MOCKING !!! Not me !!! .................m
    " Aye Christian,,,know ye not that the one whom thou contendest against is none more than a reprobate ! To be burned at the last !" William Gurnell

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12