Page 774 of 805 FirstFirst ... 274674724764772773774775776784 ... LastLast
Results 7,731 to 7,740 of 8048

Thread: Evolution: The Grand Deception

  1. #7731
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    20,961
    Thanks
    1,864
    Thanked 2,185 Times in 1,863 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by solver View Post
    Of course not! But those that have their minds made up, REGARDLESS of evidence, are NOT REDEEMABLE!
    Yours of course, is a fact not in evidence, possibly subsumed somewhere in "intellectual honesty" or then again, possibly not.

    But never mind.

    For the many creos who in these pages have argued for our ol'
    pal Dr. K Wise, we see that you, at least, recognize that his approach to evidence has its little problems.

    I am a young-age creationist because that is my understanding of the Scripture. As I shared with my professors years ago when I was in college, if all the evidence in the universe turned against creationism, I would be the first to admit it, but I would still be a creationist because that is what the Word of God seems to indicate

  2. #7732
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    20,961
    Thanks
    1,864
    Thanked 2,185 Times in 1,863 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen T-B View Post
    Did you read the post above by Max?

    (And how many times must people go over this?
    A bogus issue is brought up; it is dealt with.
    Then it is brought up again, and it is dealt with...and so it goes on and on and on, as though our YECs think that if they keep on at it long enough we'll hold up our hands and say "Yes yes yes, the whole of science which tells us the universe is many billions of years old is wrong! Everything was made in six days just 6,000 years ago and yes, there really was a serpent which could speak - though no one knows how many legs it had until it got cursed when it stopped having any- and yes, there really was a fruit which could give eternal life to anyone who ate it and yes, just 4,000 years ago there really was a global flood survived by one family on a boat with two - or seven - of every terrestrial creature on earth".

    Is that going to happen?

    No it is not)
    And it is all wrong because nobody has yet figured out exactly how an unusual
    type of fossil was formed!

  3. #7733
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,789
    Thanks
    2,530
    Thanked 1,526 Times in 1,176 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taikoo View Post
    And it is all wrong because nobody has yet figured out exactly how an unusual
    type of fossil was formed!
    Well, our YECs know for a fact it was formed in the last 6,000 years, though putting a more precise date on it isn't something they're geared up to do, all the available techniques at present being used likely to show the thing is many millions of years old.

    And that contradicts the Bible so these techniques must be extremely wrong.
    Never underestimate the power of unreason to overwhelm reason

  4. #7734
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    8,299
    Thanks
    2,081
    Thanked 1,236 Times in 1,066 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John53 View Post
    https://pubs.er.usgs.gov/publication/70011351

    "Paleomagnetic evidence shows that the earth's field has existed for more than three billion years, and that the dipole field both fluctuates in strength and irregularly reverses polarity. There are no properties of the magnetic field that can be used to place an upper limit on the earth's age."

    As plasma points out, they are still trying to make the dynamo theory work despite all that we know about magnetic field generation. The periodic flip is a death blow to that theory because the flow reversal required to generate a polarity flip would tear the planet apart. So, the "dynamo theory " of magnetic field generation (which is purportedly the reason for field strength constancy) is pretty much "out the window!"


    Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2016-01-theory...netic.html#jCp

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to solver For This Useful Post:

    mikeboll64 (05-21-2017)

  6. #7735
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,457
    Thanks
    113
    Thanked 286 Times in 247 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by solver View Post
    That article tells you that they offer a possible energy source for the dynamo. Did you even read it?

    They further suggest that magnesium could make up as much as 1 percent of the material in the core, and because magnesium is only soluble in iron at very high temperatures, they believe that it is slowly precipitating out to the boundary between the core and the mantle. That process, the team notes, would leave the iron behind denser, which would cause the release of energy, which they suggest could explain the power source behind the dynamo.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can also make you commit atrocities

    - Voltaire

  7. #7736
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    8,299
    Thanks
    2,081
    Thanked 1,236 Times in 1,066 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen T-B View Post
    Well, our YECs know for a fact it was formed in the last 6,000 years, though putting a more precise date on it isn't something they're geared up to do, all the available techniques at present being used likely to show the thing is many millions of years old.

    And that contradicts the Bible so these techniques must be extremely wrong.

    Where did you get the 6,000 year figure? Are you IGNORING the existence of "the ancient world" which predated Adam in the Garden of Eden? "Adam and Eve" were in the Garden of Eden, when Satan came along (in the form of a serpent), and tempted Eve. But how did Satan get on the earth to begin with? "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven" is in the scriptures, describing Lucifer as beautiful, and covered with many kinds of precious stones. Was he still beautiful, and still covered with precious stones when he tempted Eve?


    http://www.smithsonianmag.com/histor...mple-83613665/

  8. #7737
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    8,299
    Thanks
    2,081
    Thanked 1,236 Times in 1,066 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    That article tells you that they offer a possible energy source for the dynamo. Did you even read it?

    They further suggest that magnesium could make up as much as 1 percent of the material in the core, and because magnesium is only soluble in iron at very high temperatures, they believe that it is slowly precipitating out to the boundary between the core and the mantle. That process, the team notes, would leave the iron behind denser, which would cause the release of energy, which they suggest could explain the power source behind the dynamo.

    How does a massive spinning dynamo suddenly REVERSE it's generated magnetic field? Have you ever heard of inertia?


    How long ago do you believe earth's core was formed? Perhaps long after earth first was THOUGHT to have existed, like 1-1.5 billion years ago?


    https://phys.org/news/2016-01-theory...-magnetic.html
    Last edited by solver; 05-16-2017 at 02:13 PM.

  9. #7738
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Great South Land
    Posts
    1,909
    Thanks
    263
    Thanked 324 Times in 267 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    From the paper:

    ROM 75860 also has remarkable integument preservation across the body, including in situ osteoderms, skin impressions and dark films that probably represent preserved keratin.

    From Fig.7:

    Interpretive illustration of the tail of Zuul crurivastator compared with other Mongolian and North American ankylosaurines, in dorsal view, showing differences in the morphology of the caudal osteoderms, and relationships between dermal and epidermal elements: (a) Z. crurivastator, ROM 75860, (b) cf. Pinacosaurus, MPC 100/1305, (c) Dyoplosaurus acutosquameus, ROM 784, (d) Ankylosaurinae indet. from the Nemegt Formation, ZPAL MgD I/113. Vertebrae are indicated in white, zones of ossified tendons are indicated by the lightest grey, osteoderms and ossicles are indicated by a medium grey, and epidermal osteoderm sheaths and scales are indicated by the darkest grey. Abbreviations are as follows: co, caudal osteoderm; co (maj), major osteoderm of the tail club knob; co (min), minor osteoderm of the tail club knob; es, epidermal scale; hcv, handle caudal vertebra; ks, keratinous sheath; ns, neural spine; oss, ossicle; ot, ossified tendons; tp, transverse process. Scale bar, 20 cm.

    And most importantly:

    The specimen preserves numerous features of the integument, including osteoderms (both disarticulated and in situ), millimetre-sized ossicles, and skin impressions. Disarticulated but associated osteoderms are preserved in the block containing the torso, and ossicles are preserved on the ventral surface of the left lower jaw, around the torso, and on the tail. Large triangular osteoderms in the anterior region of the tail are covered in a shiny black material that may represent the original keratinous sheath. Biochemical analyses are required to confirm the presence of keratin and other preserved soft tissues in ROM 75860.

    So it has not been confirmed nor is it as you say fresh or soft. I think soft is what represents the type of original material that they are dealing with not that it is as if the thing died yesterday. Add to that that we are learning about processes that can preserve tissues for a lot longer than previously thought. For further info on this stuff read section 9.1
    And just a bit further down in the paper which, by the way, is titled by the authors - "A new ankylosaurine dinosaur from the Judith River Formation of Montana, USA, based on an exceptional skeleton with soft tissue preservation. (Emphasis added) -
    "The free caudal vertebrae in the anterior half of the tail are only minimally exposed at present because skin impressions and soft tissues occur in this region; . . . . . . Thirteen caudal vertebrae are visible in the handle, and one additional vertebra may be obscured by matrix and soft tissues at the anterior end; . . . . . . The tail club is approximately 210 cm long, with the anterior edge obscured by matrix and soft tissues at present." (Emphasis added)

    It will be interesting to see what method of preservation is detected by the biochemical analysis. Whether there is excessive amounts of Fe, (extra excessive amounts such as used in experiments to extend preservation of soft tissues by only a few years). Also, for those that are unsure, the term 'matrix' refers to the formative cells or tissue of a specialized structure such as a hair, nail, claw, or tooth. Also, the intercellular material in which the cells and fibers of connective tissue are embedded.

    Have a good day!
    Still small

  10. #7739
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,706
    Thanks
    230
    Thanked 859 Times in 722 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen T-B View Post
    Did you read the post above by Max?

    (And how many times must people go over this?
    A bogus issue is brought up; it is dealt with.
    Then it is brought up again, and it is dealt with...and so it goes on and on and on, as though our YECs think that if they keep on at it long enough we'll hold up our hands and say "Yes yes yes, the whole of science which tells us the universe is many billions of years old is wrong! Everything was made in six days just 6,000 years ago and yes, there really was a serpent which could speak - though no one knows how many legs it had until it got cursed when it stopped having any- and yes, there really was a fruit which could give eternal life to anyone who ate it and yes, just 4,000 years ago there really was a global flood survived by one family on a boat with two - or seven - of every terrestrial creature on earth".

    Is that going to happen?

    No it is not)


    No Stephen, it has not been dealt with. Soft tissue is just that, soft tissue. Not fossilized and still biological.
    How can it last for millions of years? Do you have an answer that doesn't include denial?
    Truth is like a lion, it does not need to be defended, simply let it loose.

  11. #7740
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,706
    Thanks
    230
    Thanked 859 Times in 722 Posts

    Default

    This should shed a little light on the evo's problem:

    https://youtu.be/vH4VwhxVGds


    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...020?via%3Dihub
    Truth is like a lion, it does not need to be defended, simply let it loose.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •