Page 472 of 740 FirstFirst ... 372422462470471472473474482522572 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,720 of 7395

Thread: Evolution: The Grand Deception

Thanks
    Thanked 5,594 Times in 4,680 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taikoo View Post
    Limiting it to yecs and gappers-

It varies, Some are merely naive; others are idiots, morally weak, or simply insane.

The ones with enough brain to be able to do better but choose intellectual dishonesty are among the
    morally weak.

The idiots / insane would include those like jomjom, with his flash frozen mammoths and boiling moon.

Lots of naifs, victims of child neglect with little education.
    When the evidence does not exist, discredit the witness personally in very morally low and weak attacks with as many nasty words as possible. When one reads some of the atheist thoughts, one is not suprised that the most evil governments in the last 100 hundred years were founded and run by atheists with that adgenda as the guiding principle.
    ------------------------
    "He has shown you, O man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you. But to do justly..and to love mercy...and to walk humbly with your God."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
    When the evidence does not exist, discredit the witness personally in very morally low and weak attacks with as many nasty words as possible. When one reads some of the atheist thoughts, one is not suprised that the most evil governments in the last 100 hundred years were founded and run by atheists with that adgenda as the guiding principle.
    Still trying that ole 'most evil governments' shtick! You and mike just kept repeating the same ole lame arguments. Are you guys dating?
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can also make you commit atrocities

- Voltaire

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Maximus For This Useful Post:

Truly Enlightened (02-16-2017)

Thanks

I don't know what that disturbing bit of fundamentalist Religious Dogma, had to do with The Theory of Evolution. I suppose Atheist, who choose not to be tethered to any book of fables, myths, miracles, violence, talking snakes and donkeys, inconsistencies and contradictions, must also accept the possibility of being attacked by the most delusional of Religious fundamentalists. It's not easy being free. There will always be those that want you attached to their Religious shackles, so that they can bathe in their own self-sustaining ego-gratification. The most dangerous, disturbing people in the world, are those that KNOW they're right. The most honest people in the world, are those that KNOW they could be wrong. But the best people in the world, are those that wear no shackles at all. These people never rationalize their position, by asserting lies, insults, threats, sarcasm, pompous arrogance, or just being annoying. These people rely on their intelligence, evidence, logic, and their honesty, to support their position.

We are all 4-Dimensional human beings, living within a 4-Dimensional reality, regardless of what our beliefs are. It seems to me, that the ultimate tragedy, is to be born in a world of mystery, wonderment, beauty, and complexity, and wish you were somewhere else. Truly sad! Don

Thanks
    Thanked 2,148 Times in 1,831 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
    I am not the one who gets busted for using fraudulent quotes. You are.
    I wouldn't use them; it is dishonest.
    A moral issue.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Taikoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Truly Enlightened View Post
    I don't know what that disturbing bit of fundamentalist Religious Dogma, had to do with The Theory of Evolution Don
    Not much, tho to our Fundies it is seemingly everything.

Their Bible-readin' is coached by God himself. So it cannot be wrong.

Anything else must of needs be devil spawn of some sort, and as such,
    only evil attends it.

It is of at least passing note that other than just thumpin' the bible and saying
    that "God's word" is against evolution, they have nothing to offer against it.

Nothing, that is, other than lets see..misrepresentation, fake quotes, nutty nonsense like
    Paluxy mantracks, strawmen, ignorance, and of course, just plain lies.

Now, why it is that those with the Bible, the Angels, Almighty God, and all the universe on their side would find it necessary to stoop to such, in order to be able to present any "evidence" at all on their side?

Almost enough to make a person think maybe there is a Satan and that he finds
    easy picking for his deceptions among the less educated.

Regarding the impossibility of being an informed yet intellectually honest yec, we again
    quote Dr K Wise. As a PhD paleontologist, he is aware of the evidence problem for yecs, hence this statement:

I am a young-age creationist because that is my understanding of the Scripture. As I shared with my professors years ago when I was in college, if all the evidence in the universe turned against creationism, I would be the first to admit it, but I would still be a creationist because that is what the Word of God seems to indicate.
    Ed. note: Although Scripture should be our final authority, Christianity is not a blind faith

Isnt that terrific? The very definition of intellectual dishonesty. How things happen to seem to him beats all actual evidence in the universe. Odd that the editor might find occasion for that hilariously ironic note!

I wonder if "God" would approve.
    Last edited by Taikoo; 02-16-2017 at 03:16 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Taikoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyGT View Post
    Deception? Perhaps, but not mine. Your quote; "Scientist proved it to be false, certainly not you guys. Don"

We can argue who you meant by "you guys" but suffice to say the definition includes those who believe the Bible.

Did you read the same thing as I did?

But inflation has always been more a product of imagination than empirical evidence. There has never been more than circumstantial, hand-wavy support for its core mechanism, the reversal of gravity. Worse, the theory came in many different forms. My favorite was the eternally self-reproducing chaotic inflationary multiverse model

Do I detect more deception?

Back to the author's point - there IS NO EVIDENCE!

Gravity waves do not equal inflation. That is a quantum leap with no evidence.

I've got goosebumps, Proffesor Hawking... not! There is NO evidence for the big bust. You didn't even look at the evidence against it did you? There are peer reviewed papers that say it plain and simple - it ain't science! You can believe it but it isn't science.

Why should I want a clue about it? It is simply a theory to try to disprove a Creator. But since you seem to imply that you do know about it why don't you display the math that supposedly "proves" it? No copy and paste. Let's see your math if you are trying to say that you understand it.

Reality? These are all unobservable, unrepeatable and untestable. They are fairytales for the God-deniers.
    Deceptive? That is all you do. Other than casting aspersions, dismissing facts, belittle any challenges, or seeking attention, what else do you do? What is the CURRENT, understanding of Gravity Waves, and its relationship with the Cosmic Inflation Theory? Don't present evidence that is years old, when the concept wasn't fully understood. That would also be deceptive. Don't tell me that since no one was at the Big Bang, or the beginning of life, that your explanation, must be the correct one. That would also be deceptive. Just like still small, who made up his own facts, to support his own logic, to produce your own conclusions. That too, would be deceptive. Using absolutes, and the unknowable, as the litmus test to validate any Scientific concept, is also deceptive. The inability to admit, or learn from your errors, is also Deceptive. Providing no logical alternative real world explanations, is also deceptive.

Are you saying, that there is no test, no observation, or no repeatable tests , that proves reality exists? Just what reality do you live in? Don

Thanks

Deceptive? That is all you do. Other than casting aspersions, dismissing facts, belittle any challenges, or seeking attention, what else do you do? What is the CURRENT, understanding of Gravity Waves, and its relationship with the Cosmic Inflation Theory? Don't present evidence that is years old, when the concept wasn't fully understood. That would also be deceptive. Don't tell me that since no one was at the Big Bang, or the beginning of life, that your explanation, must be the correct one. That would also be deceptive. Just like still small, who made up his own facts, to support his own logic, to produce your own conclusions. That too, would be deceptive. Using absolutes, and the unknowable, as the litmus test to validate any Scientific concept, is also deceptive. The inability to admit, or learn from your errors, is also Deceptive. Providing no logical alternative real world explanations, is also deceptive.

Are you saying, that there is no test, no observation, or no repeatable tests , that proves reality exists? Just what reality do you live in? Don

Shel
    Why should I want a clue about it? It is simply a theory to try to disprove a Creator.
    isnt that a marfvellous line from Shel? Outdoes even himself some times.

So much dopiness in so few words!

There is the preschool kid attitude as toward new food, "I dont like it, what is it"
    and the clueless notion that a theory or anything else could be utllizied to try to disprove a creator (God).
    Last edited by Taikoo; 02-16-2017 at 10:46 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Taikoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,509 Times in 1,162 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyGT View Post
    The same stuff(sic) that the big bust expands into. No?

Do you really think this is even a problem and especially for YEC only?
    Nothing is a problem for YECs. At least, nothing which their imagination can't provide an answer to.

But here we have an ever-expanding universe, already so vast as to challenge our most powerful instruments, and which God created just for us - apparently (as Shelby, I think has informed us) so we might gaze into the night sky, see all those stars and marvel at the wondrous works of God. Not that we would have known that the majority of those points of light are entire galaxies, each with billions of star system and each with an invisible black hole at its centre.

If it's already so unnecessarily vast, why is God creating even more space for it to expand into?
    Or perhaps he created all the space it'll ever need on the second day of creation, but does anyone know what happened to the waters which he made it in the middle of? (Well, obviously Creationists do; they just haven't told us).
    Never underestimate the power of unreason to overwhelm reason

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Taikoo View Post
    Not much, and everything at least to the fundies.

Their Bible-readin' is coached by God himself. So it cannot be wrong.

Anything else must of needs be devil spawn of some sort, and as such,
    only evil attends it.

It is of at least passing note that other than just thumpin' the bible and saying
    that "God's word" is against evolution, they have nothing to offer against it.

Nothing, that is, other than lets see..misrepresentation, fake quotes, nutty nonsense like
    Paluxy mantracks, strawmen, ignorance, and of course, just plain lies.

Now, why it is that those with the Bible, the Angels, Almighty God, and all the universe on their side would find it necessary to stoop to such, in order to be able to present any "evidence" at all on their side?

Almost enough to make a person think maybe there is a Satan and that he finds
    easy picking for his deceptions among the less educated.

Regarding the impossibility of being an informed yet intellectually honest yec, we again
    quote Dr K Wise. As a PhD paleontologist, he is aware of the evidence problem for yecs, hence this statement:

I am a young-age creationist because that is my understanding of the Scripture. As I shared with my professors years ago when I was in college, if all the evidence in the universe turned against creationism, I would be the first to admit it, but I would still be a creationist because that is what the Word of God seems to indicate.
    Ed. note: Although Scripture should be our final authority, Christianity is not a blind faith

Isnt that terrific? The very definition of intellectual dishonesty. How things happen to seem to him beats all actual evidence in the universe. Odd that the editor might find occasion for that hilariously ironic note!

I wonder if "God" would approve.
    This reminds me of the story of Silly Billy. When Billy was a child, he was a very shy and insecure kid. He felt that he was too thin, and his eyes were too big. In school, he was ignored, ridiculed, or picked on. His parents were too busy trying to solve their own problems, to give Billy the attention he needed. He was never a self-motivated high achiever, and kept mainly to himself. He was not into sports, or any competition that involved him being the center of attention. Everything basically sucked in his life, and he wished that he wasn't so different. Anyway, one day some kids noticed him near the corner of the cafeteria. They approached and asked, if they could sit and talk with him. They told him that they belong to the, "CrockaDuck" faith, "Crock", for short. They explained that they were followers of the rules and teachings, from the, "Book of HerpenToad". They explain that 10,000 years ago, that space travelling, "CrockaDucks", arrived on the early earth and modified the Genome of the early dogs. They took this modified gene and spliced it with an early duck(whom they enjoyed mated with for science). This Haploid genome was suppose to be spliced with the early crocodiles. But, because they couldn't mate with the early Crocodiles(a few CrockaDucks gave their lives for science), the genome was not yet complete. The CrockaDucks used this incomplete genome to seed the first Life on Earth. This is also clearly stated in the, "Book of HerpenToad". It is also stated that we have to wait until the CrockaDucks' return, to complete our incomplete Genome. Once this is completed, we will become immortal, which is also stated in the, "Book of HerpenToad". They held hands and in unison chanted, "Sire CrockaDuck, Sire CrockaDuck".

Bill was fascinated, and agreed to go with them to meet others Believers. When he arrived at the hall, there were about 60 people, who treated him like a God. Anything he did or said was welcomed with keen interest and open arms. He really loved the attention. The Believers only asked that he give them a small donation, wear a green arm band, maintain their anonymity, and be completely loyal. No more ridicule, or being picked on. Billy now had a purpose in life, and couldn't be happier. His parents noticed a new spring in his step, and his classmates notice a change in his personality. All was going great until one day in his Biology class. The teacher was explaining to the class, all about the Reproduction System. Of course Billy had a cheshire grin throughout the lecture, because he had information(truth) no one else had. Anyway when the teacher admitted that he didn't know what created the first life, Billy just couldn't contain himself any longer. He immediately shouted out with confidence, "The CrockaDucks from Space did it 10,000 years ago, don't you know that". Students from all over the school looked in on Billy's class, just to see what all the laughter was about. I'm afraid Billy has never been the same since.

This is based on a true story, well almost. Don

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rogerh View Post
    Help me out here since you seem to know about things like string theory.
    I can't understand how the universe expanded (and still is expanding) since that requires someplace to expand into.

Roger
    and

Come on Still Small. I can't wait to hear your answer to Rogerh. Please try a sprinkle a little science in your explanation. Don
    Roger (& Truly Enlightened),
    Where is the 'expanding universe' expanding to? I don't know. It is beyond science to observe and test. In relation to String Theory, as an explanation for this expansion, again, being beyond science, I can only offer a philosophical explanation. In String Theory, there are 10 spacial dimensions + 1 time dimension. At one point, all of these dimensions were tightly curled up, 'compactified', to the minimal size, Planck length or Planck space, and thus totally unobservable. The belief is, that at the point of the 'Big Bang' event, 3 of the spacial dimensions and the 1 time dimension 'uncurled' and produced the dimensions we now experience as length, breadth, height and time. How big are these dimensions? How long is the proverbial 'piece of string'? It is as long or big as you can measure. My thinking of the continual expansion is that these 3 spacial dimensions are still unfurling and the universe is 'expanding' into this new unfurled 'space'. How far will it expand? Again, how long is a piece of string?

Hope that helps to answer your question to some degree. Again, I emphasise that this response is purely philosophical, as it is beyond science to test or observe. The question that is still being asked (by some) is, "what caused these 3 spacial and 1 time dimension to unfurl in the first place?"

Have a good day!
    Still small