Page 471 of 880 FirstFirst ... 371421461469470471472473481521571 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,710 of 8791

Thread: Evolution: The Grand Deception

  1. #4701
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    21,167
    Thanks
    1,866
    Thanked 2,229 Times in 1,898 Posts

    Default

    [QUOTE=Truly Enlightened;1296638],
    I assumed that I was speaking to someone that was at least open-minded, and rational. Then I read further...
    Jokes is on you, no?

    Bad assumption.


    When you read my posts, don't change my words or omit them to suit your narrative.
    Good luck with that. There seems-correct me if I am wrong-something in the creomind that makes it very hard for them to respond to what is actually stated. It goes through a converter first.

    The response will then have little to do with the topic.


    You can't make up your own scenario, your own facts, and your own conclusion.
    That is a weird one, isnt it? You see it all the time from creos. I wonder if they even know they are doingit.


    This is intellectually dishonest.
    It is impossible to be a well informed and intellectually honest creationist.


    Now can we ever get back to Evolution. What is your single objective conclusive evidence, that proves that Evolution is only a myth? Or, is there going to be more distractions?
    I have asked that same question. Start a thread on it if you like, as I did, I asked for one fact contrary to ToE.

    We're both on the same side of the barricade here, for all that you may find me rude.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Taikoo For This Useful Post:

    Truly Enlightened (02-15-2017)

  3. #4702
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    21,167
    Thanks
    1,866
    Thanked 2,229 Times in 1,898 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Truly Enlightened View Post
    So you have no unequivocal evidence that dismisses The Theory of Evolution, then why do you call it a myth? You also admit that you have no unequivocal evidence that proves that a Designer God exists. Yet you still call one a myth and the other a fact. No matter how you try to twist the meaning of my words, I don't have faith in anything I don't know. I simply don't know. It is only in Religion that you can have faith in something you don't know. Just another silly creationist tactic. That is, if you don't know that which is impossible to know, then you must have some form of faith, just like me. Truly sad, and desperate. Don

    Mike does this "unequivocal " thing-a standard that does not exist in law or science-because it is an impossible standard, esp when he sets the rules concerning what he can equivocate.

    Not that you had not noticed.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Taikoo For This Useful Post:

    Truly Enlightened (02-15-2017)

  5. #4703
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,400
    Thanks
    331
    Thanked 215 Times in 175 Posts

    Default

    [QUOTE=Taikoo;1296659]
    Quote Originally Posted by Truly Enlightened View Post
    ,

    Jokes is on you, no?

    Bad assumption.




    Good luck with that. There seems-correct me if I am wrong-something in the creomind that makes it very hard for them to respond to what is actually stated. It goes through a converter first.

    The response will then have little to do with the topic.




    That is a weird one, isnt it? You see it all the time from creos. I wonder if they even know they are doingit.




    It is impossible to be a well informed and intellectually honest creationist.



    I have asked that same question. Start a thread on it if you like, as I did, I asked for one fact contrary to ToE.

    We're both on the same side of the barricade here, for all that you may find me rude.
    I don't find you rude. You just have an odd way of saying hello. I still haven't worked-out the motives of Creationist, flat earth, or young earth believers. Is it power, cognitive dissonance, attention, insecurity, ignorance, power, ego, security, jealousy, envy, anger, or just being stubborn. I just can't figure it out. How can any rational adult in the 21st Century, still believe in the realm of the supernatural. Especially, when their is so much natural beauty and wonderment, in the world to make us pause and awe. Anyway, thanks for listening. Don

  6. #4704
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,400
    Thanks
    331
    Thanked 215 Times in 175 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Still small View Post
    Well, firstly, let me apologies for the delay in responding. I had a couple of issues with which to deal.

    Secondly, I'm sure that you are aware that physicist hate 'singularities' being the result of their mathematics, as they defy the basic laws of physics. For example, starting after the initial creation of the 'singularity' (because science cannot explain its creation), you say the "['singularity'] was more like an infinitely(not literally) small balloon, expanding faster than the speed of light." And "[a]ll we really know is that we are inside of it", which, in itself, is a pretty good simplified description. Now, I will try to keep this simple for the benefit of others. Here we have an 'infinitely' (another term that physicists hate), an 'infinitely' small point inside of which was contained all the mass of the known and unknown universe, infinitely compacted together (infinitely dense) which then rapidly expanded. This defies the basic law of gravity. Newton's law of universal gravitation says that the force (F) of gravitational attraction between two objects with Mass1 and Mass2 at distance D is:

    F = G(mass1*mass2)/D squared.

    (G is the gravitational constant, which has the same value throughout our universe.)

    In the infinitely dense 'singularity', the distance, 'D', between the centres of mass is 'infinitely' small to the point of 'zero'. Thereby, giving the result for 'F', the force of gravity, as 'infinite'. Therefore, the force required to cause the rapid expansion, F2, or, indeed, any separation, needs to be greater than 'infinite', which is logically impossible. To argue otherwise is irrational. (This is without even looking at the deformity of space as a result of this 'infinite' force of gravity as according to Einstein's Theory of General Relativity.)

    Now, if, as you say, the evidence for 'inflation' is proof of its occurrence, from where did this force (F=ma) come? It could not come from within the physical universe as this would contribute to the 'infinite' force of gravity. Therefore, if 'inflation' occurred, as you say the evidence proves, the force required, being greater than 'infinite', must have come from outside or beyond the physical universe, the meta-physical. This constitutes an intervention by the meta-physical into the physical. And, as such, science cannot explain or ever discover the origin of this Force or the 'inflation' required by the Big Bang theory.




    It is not a matter of 'attention span' as you imply, obviously, in an attempt to belittle. It's simply a matter of trying to avoid having to prune away all the added claptrap and self-inflationary 'bluff and blunder' in order to get to your actual answer, if there is, indeed, an answer to find.

    Also, in answer to a question from a previous post -



    Simply, the extra dimensions required by String Theory (actually by Superstring and 'M' theories) compensate for the weakness of gravity. Plus the extra dimensions remove the anomaly of 'negative probability' of certain particles, a 'nonsense', being the result of the mathematics considering only 3+1 dimensions.


    Have a good day!
    Still small
    Come on Still Small. I can't wait to hear your answer to Rogerh. Please try a sprinkle a little science in your explanation. Don

  7. #4705
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Longmont, CO
    Posts
    10,479
    Thanks
    477
    Thanked 1,159 Times in 985 Posts

    Default

    [QUOTE=Truly Enlightened;1296703]
    Quote Originally Posted by Taikoo View Post

    I don't find you rude. You just have an odd way of saying hello. I still haven't worked-out the motives of Creationist, flat earth, or young earth believers. Is it power, cognitive dissonance, attention, insecurity, ignorance, power, ego, security, jealousy, envy, anger, or just being stubborn. I just can't figure it out. How can any rational adult in the 21st Century, still believe in the realm of the supernatural. Especially, when their is so much natural beauty and wonderment, in the world to make us pause and awe. Anyway, thanks for listening. Don
    The main motive seems to be fear; fear of hell, of the wrath of a truly sadistic god who punishes eternally for the slightest infraction.

    Roger
    It is not God that kills the children, not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs.
    It's us. Only us. - Rorschach

  8. #4706
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Longmont, CO
    Posts
    10,479
    Thanks
    477
    Thanked 1,159 Times in 985 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyGT View Post
    Actually, it would only require that space itself expand.
    Same question; into what?

    Roger
    It is not God that kills the children, not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs.
    It's us. Only us. - Rorschach

  9. #4707
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    21,167
    Thanks
    1,866
    Thanked 2,229 Times in 1,898 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerh View Post
    [The main motive seems to be fear; fear of hell, of the wrath of a truly sadistic god who punishes eternally for the slightest infraction.

    Roger
    Limiting it to yecs and gappers-

    It varies, Some are merely naive; others are idiots, morally weak, or simply insane.

    The ones with enough brain to be able to do better but choose intellectual dishonesty are among the
    morally weak.

    The idiots / insane would include those like jomjom, with his flash frozen mammoths and boiling moon.

    Lots of naifs, victims of child neglect with little education.

  10. #4708
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,811
    Thanks
    235
    Thanked 878 Times in 739 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerh View Post
    Same question; into what?

    Roger

    The same stuff(sic) that the big bust expands into. No?

    Do you really think this is even a problem and especially for YEC only?

  11. #4709
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Newcastle, Australia
    Posts
    4,456
    Thanks
    915
    Thanked 1,023 Times in 781 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Truly Enlightened View Post

    I still haven't worked-out the motives of Creationist, flat earth, or young earth believers. Is it power, cognitive dissonance, attention, insecurity, ignorance, power, ego, security, jealousy, envy, anger, or just being stubborn. I just can't figure it out. How can any rational adult in the 21st Century, still believe in the realm of the supernatural. Especially, when their is so much natural beauty and wonderment, in the world to make us pause and awe.
    Only worked it out recently... their eternal spiritual salvation is at risk so it's impossible to believe even the obvious truth.
    Last edited by John53; 02-16-2017 at 02:20 AM.
    And the officer said, "better get a lawyer son, better get a real good one".

  12. #4710
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    34,057
    Thanks
    4,414
    Thanked 5,720 Times in 4,780 Posts
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default

    [QUOTE=Rogerh;1296740]
    Quote Originally Posted by Truly Enlightened View Post

    The main motive seems to be fear; fear of hell, of the wrath of a truly sadistic god who punishes eternally for the slightest infraction.

    Roger
    It is surprised to read how atheists can read so many posts from believers, talk with believers, debate with believers, and still have no clue whatsoever about what motivates us. Those who are otherwise intelligent cannot see to understand the reason even though we patiently and repeatedly explain it. There is absolutely no retention. This can only be explained as some kind of blindness they have put on to cover their minds from the truth. We them tell why and they promptly forget the answer.

    We do know why this is so. Because they have a fear of death and the judgement that follows. They do not want there to be final justice for all they have done and said and so they close their eyes and say it is not coming. To comfort themselves against the reality of those who believe and live like it (kind to others, help the poor, build hospitals, go where no doctor is, build schools, end slavery, and so on down through the centuries) they make us lies to tell themselves. They do not check to see if their theories match real life though. No no on. Best not open the eyes to see if these things be so. Just make assumptions based on fear and since there is no judgement, verbally stone those who disagree. We do know your motivation very well.
    ------------------------
    "He has shown you, O man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you. But to do justly..and to love mercy...and to walk humbly with your God."

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •