Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I do not believe in the trinity and am still Christian. Here is why

Thanks

of course your comment
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattathias View Post
    There are comments by three persons in post #12. What was said by any of the three which you think is false?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,859 Times in 5,425 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by doubleuseebee View Post
    of course your comment
    So you think the comments made by MatthewDuvall and Richard Gillett in post #12 are true?
    The hound of Jewish monotheism.

"For us there is one God. He is the Father." (I Corinthians 8:6)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,211 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cmsandiford View Post
    Please tell me the Book, chapter and verses where this is stated?

I don;t think "trinty" even came about until a couple hundred years after Christ had left this world. The Bible (OT and NT) both echo the strong voice of God that He is one and that there are none others beside Him (Duet 6:4, Isa 44:6, Mark 12:29). The usage of the Trinity did even come about until ~165 A.D. and was applied from a Gnostic teachings from Valentinus who was trying to unify Roman soldiers and their multiple gods with the growing Jewish sect of Christians.

You are adding traditions of men into Gods perfect (2 Sam 22:31) and unchanging word (Malachi 3:6).

Here are some other things to chew on that are directly from the Bible:

The Father clearly identifies Himself as God multiple times throughout the Bible

Jesus never does

There are several passages that may allude to it or hint at it in someways but in the OT the Father is never shy or unclear when stating that He is God.

Jeremiah 32:27 "Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh; is anything too difficult for Me?"

Exodus 3:6 He said also, "I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob." Then Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look at God.

Genesis 26:24 The LORD appeared to him the same night and said, "I am the God of your father Abraham; Do not fear, for I am with you. I will bless you, and multiply your descendants, For the sake of My servant Abraham."

John 20:30 Therefore many other signs Jesus also performed in the presence of the disciples, which are not written in this book; 31 but these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name.

It does NOT say "believe that Jesus is God"

John 20:17 Jesus said to her, "Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.'"

Ephesians 1:17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him

Ephesians 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,

Jesus states that He has a God (John 20:17)
    God cannot have a God (Is 43:11 & Is 45:5)
    God is not a man (Num 23:19)
    God does not change (Mal 3:6)

So, If Jesus has a God, God cannot have a God, and if God is not a man and He does not change that means Jesus cannot be God per Gods own words, and Jesus backs Him up!

Jesus also tells us that His father is greater than Him, and there is none greater than God.
    DUuuuHHHhhh............................m
    " Aye Christian,,,know ye not that the one whom thou contendest against is none more than a reprobate ! " William Gurnell

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345