Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: July's Vanity Fair cover girl

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    What's the source?
    Duvall of course.

God's work included murdering 6 million jews in the 1940s.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pondering View Post
    What I really want to know is why is this news. Why are we celebrating someone that has serious mental issues? What is heroic about being delusional? If someone "identifies" as a dog, are they allowed to make their mess in the park so long as their "owner" picks it up? .
    agree fully.

and to me its not "news" - and don't bother to follow it.

didn't even know about the whole "thing" a month ago.

and couldn't care less after hearing about it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zathrus View Post
    human sexuality is complex,.
    not really - 90-percent of us know we are straight via our genes at puberty.

nothing complex about it for the 90-percent.

the other 10 - maybe, but they are not the majority and should not be viewed as "normal" (i.e. as the rest of the 90percent).

I reject the notion of "choosing orientation" as for me since the age of 12 seems impossible to me ----------------and I'm not going to mandate that ALL have may experience - but 90-percent have the same -----

I leave the other 10percent to themselves and their "god" - and of no concern to me...........unless they demand I call myself Patty.

lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BettyBoop View Post
    Caitlyn Jenner is not delusional, not mentally ill. Transgendered people do not have mental disorders, except for the depression and anxiety they feel from not being comfortable in their own skin. She was born with the physical characteristics of a male, but the mind and heart and spirit of a female.
    Agreed.

and this this not news either.................

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lightbearer View Post
    Yes they do. They think they are something they are not. It does not matter how many surgeries one gets. If you were born a man you die one. Regardless how much you mutilate the original package to make it look as if it were something else. Sad really; very delusional.
    with respect - seen your posts here and they are of value - I disagree here.

I don't understand it - and am thankful I'm "normal" sexually (though in my 40's and still single - so no doubt some that know me "wonder" (I'm particular - like huge butts (pears) - not many around - still striving to find such).

But I strive to be Humble enough to understand that others might not be like myself - and so some folks IMO are born "gay" "in the wrong body".....................for whatever reason.

I personally think it is not DNA of person in question - but that of the mother carrying the child having some form of DNA that does not "trigger" the sex of the bady she carries.

so the mother carries the "gay gene" though the mother herself is not gay.

IMO you should be Humble - remember the mention of casting stones and such.

of course I'm an Atheist and so lover of Belial, and so all my posts are evil.

lol.

take them as you shall.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gaffo For This Useful Post:

Celeste (06-13-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,211 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zathrus View Post
    Maybe a political forum isn't the place to say, but human sexuality is complex, and it has as much to do with the mind and personality as with one's body and sex organs. Even the preachers acknowledge that much before contradicting it.

Nonetheless, there is a petition to have the IOC revoke Jenner's winning medals. Because Jenner is clear on the claim that she was always a woman. Therefore this would exclude/disqualify her from men's Olympic events. Fair is fair.
    A good idea. But a bit too late. Maybe ,if anything, a Stature of Limitations would apply. I continue to be greatly disappointed in someone I trusted and even envied over his multiple accomplishments in the field of Athletics . md
    " Aye Christian,,,know ye not that the one whom thou contendest against is none more than a reprobate ! " William Gurnell

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pondering View Post
    And I didn't call Jenner insane. I said he (and other transgender people) have serious mental issues. What I said was insanity was the Left's push to make him to be some kind of courageous hero.

I noted this - a commend you for it Pondering.

there is not need for historical revisionism of Pondering's posts.

Schisophrenia(sp) - dyslexic - is a real travail and has nothing to do with orientation.

but it is organic and not a matter of curing one from it with willpower.

and of course off topic WRT Jenner.

which is not news BTW.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BettyBoop View Post
    It is estimated that there are approx. 700,000 transgender people worldwide. A study of 324 people is a very small sample and statistically insufficient.

I'll draw your attention to this article which discusses the fact that masculinization and the feminization of the fetus takes place at the physical level in both the reproductive organs AND the brain. There are specific differences in white matter / grey matter ratios, structures of the brain, neurotransmitter receptors, and neuronal networks in transgender individuals, regardless of their sex chromosomes. The hypothalamus and pituitary gland are responsible for gonadotropin releasing hormone. Another piece in the endocrine puzzle that I think you're missing. It's not as simple as estrogen and testosterone, XX versus XY.

http://cercor.oxfordjournals.org/con...or.bhu194.full
    yes - thus my reference to "no gay gene" but to that of the mother's genes that may not make her child man or female - according to their bodies.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,578 Times in 1,853 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    what's the source?
    God
    Lord we believe, help our unbelief. For you have given us all things that pertain to life and godliness.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewDuvall View Post
    Disgusting ! Bruce Jenner was the envy of every Olympic hopeful that wanted what he had . A great name in athletics and the fame he enjoyed as an Olympic champion . I have no idea about what happened to this once famous Olympic Gold Metal winner . The man has really gone over the deep end . md
    i must agree.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast