Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Imitation OF Christ

Thanks
    Thanked 1,194 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by De Maria View Post
    I don't need to judge you. All I do is compare your words to Scripture.
    How do "my words" stack up to..."Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame." (1 Corinthians 15:34)?

God is my Judge.
    What does He say about the workers of iniquity?
    It is written..."And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." (Matt 7:23)

You can't even see that the Scripture contradicts you? The saying remains true:
    2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
    Are you inferring that my obedience to God is because I don't believe in what you believe?
    If that is the case, I don't want what you are peddling.

Which proves what I just said. Those who know God, know Christ. And those who know Christ, obey His Church.
    What if your "church" teaches that nobody can live without sin?
    Doesn't that manifest that your "church" is not His church?
    It certainly does.

On the contrary, it is you who needs to heed that warning. Because is it you who takes Christ's sacrifice for granted and has angered Our Lord:
    [I]Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
    26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
    27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
    28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
    29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
    31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
    When obedience to God angers my Lord, I will find another God.
    Aren't all your sins (v26), willful?
    Isn't it the sinner, (V29), who is unsanctified?
    All will be judged by God, but I will not be condemned for idolizing an organization which is anti-obedience to God.

That is Catholic Teaching.
    Yet they mock God with their continuous disobedience.

You claim you have no sin. Therefore, your sin remains.
    I am witness to the remarkable miracle accomplished by Jesus for us to be free of the devil's influences.
    It is written..."And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts." (Gal 5:24)
    Thanks be to God!

1 John 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
    Your misinterpretation of John's intent causes you to promote sinning all the time.
    Your doctrine has transformed you into a perfect tool of the devil.

Want to live in obedience to God?
    It is possible.
    "Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins." (Ja 5:20)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Philip2 View Post
    Is it a sin to get circumcised?
    Is it a sin to avoid pork?
    NO?
    Then why is it a sin to NOT eat with Gentiles?
    The visiting Jews still kept the old customs. Were they all sinners for that which included separation from Gentiles?
    Scriptures speak for themselves. Why insert your opinion into them? Paul rebuked Peter. Peter recovered. AS A GOOD CHRISTIAN SHOULD.

Your POV includes EVERYONE in darkness.
    You can't see anyone walking in the light, where there is no darkness.
    Too bad.
    You can't allow anyone to be cleansed of ALL unrighteousness.
    Too bad.
    Your POV requires you to defend sin.
    You will get your "reward" for that later.
    IF, however, you would repent of all wickedness, and start walking in the light, you too could say you have no sin.
    Then we would be brothers.
    But not until then.
    My POV is that only Christians walk in the light, therefore only Christians can freely admit to sin as a fault in their own behavior, rather than as a fault in their nature, and thus can truly repent. A Christian walking in the light takes responsibility for his sins, does not deny them or hide them, and works hard to correct them as they are an unacceptable flaw to him, rather than the non-Christian, whose nature leads them to sin, and are thus unwilling or incapable to take personal responsibility for them or correct them and are thus incapable of true repentance unto God.

In my POV those who truly walk in darkness, are those who claim there is no such thing as sin, or that they have no sin and thus deny what the scriptures plainly say. That ALL men but ONE sins and falls short of the glory of God.

My POV requires me to reject sin as a natural part of me and rely on God and His son, Jesus Christ to help me eliminate it from my life, as told to me in the scriptures. My righteousness is not based on my "achievements" to avoid sin, but in my faith that the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin.

8 If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
    9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
    10 If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
    "You [the Father], the Only True God" -- Jesus Christ (1st Century CE)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by An Onymous Brother View Post
    Scriptures speak for themselves. Why insert your opinion into them? Paul rebuked Peter. Peter recovered. AS A GOOD CHRISTIAN SHOULD.
    Please supply the verse that says Peter "recovered", and add exactly what he recovered from.
    Thanks.

My POV is that only Christians walk in the light, therefore only Christians can freely admit to sin as a fault in their own behavior, rather than as a fault in their nature, and thus can ruly repent. A Christian walking in the light takes responsibility for his sins, does not deny them or hide them, and works hard to correct them as they are an unacceptable flaw to him, rather than the non-Christian, whose nature leads them to sin, and are thus unwilling or incapable to take personal responsibility for them or correct them and are thus incapable of true repentance unto God.

In my POV those who truly walk in darkness, are those who claim there is no such thing as sin, or that they have no sin and thus deny what the scriptures plainly say. That ALL men but ONE sins and falls short of the glory of God.

My POV requires me to reject sin as a natural part of me and rely on God and His son, Jesus Christ to help me eliminate it from my life, as told to me in the scriptures. My righteousness is not based on my "achievements" to avoid sin, but in my faith that the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin.

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
    Here is what I understand from the above...
    There is sin in the light.
    Behavior is independent from nature.
    Non-Christians won't take responsibility for, nor correct the wrong in their lives and are incapable of true repentance.
    Those in darkness won't admit there is such a thing as sin and won't admit that all fall short of the glory of God.
    You are required to reject sin in your life, but your righteousness is not based on really doing so.
    Your righteousness is based on your faith that the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin, though we can't ever say that we have no sin.

Did I understand you correctly?

I know that many say it is impossible to live without sinning, but just today I read in Heb. 11:6..."But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."
    It is impossible to please Him...if you don't have faith.
    Last edited by Philip2; 04-21-2017 at 07:47 PM.
    "Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins." (Ja 5:20)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

How do "my words" stack up to..."Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame." (1 Corinthians 15:34)?
    Very well. But how do your words stack up to:

1 Corinthians 4:2 Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.
    3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.
    4 For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.

I say they fail miserably compared to this verse. Are you saying that you reject this verse?

Thanks

1 Corinthians 4:2 Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.
    3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.
    4 For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.
    I say they fail miserably compared to this verse. Are you saying that you reject this verse?
    Not at all.
    What's to reject?
    That Paul was justified in spite of any accusers barbs?
    It seems Paul had "judged" that much anyway.

If a man says he doesn't know where he stands in relation to God, he is lying.
    Just as you know that you do commit sin, I know that I don't.
    Does that make you a "judge"? Or just aware of reality?
    Remember, Paul later says that the spiritual man judges all things. (1 Cor 2:15)

Want to live without sin?
    It starts with a true repentance from sin. A repentance provoked by true sorrow. (2 Cor 7:10)
    Of course if you aren't sorry for your sins, you can forget about walking in the light.
    I mean, sorry enough to never repeat them.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Please supply the verse that says Peter "recovered", and add exactly what he recovered from.
    Thanks.
    Gal 2:
    11 But when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned.
    12 For before certain men came from James, he was eating with the Gentiles; but when they came he drew back and separated himself, fearing the circumcision party.
    13 And the rest of the Jews acted hypocritically along with him, so that even Barnabas was led astray by their hypocrisy.
    14 But when I saw that their conduct was not in step with the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas before them all, “If you, though a Jew, live like a Gentile and not like a Jew, how can you force the Gentiles to live like Jews?”

2 Pet 3:
    14 Therefore, beloved, since you are waiting for these, be diligent to be found by him without spot or blemish, and at peace.
    15 And count the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him,
    16 as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures.

The fact that Peter wrote his letters, and they are in the Bible, are the proof God thinks he recovered. The fact that praised Paul means he took the rebuke to heart.

Here is what I understand from the above...
    There is sin in the light.
    Behavior is independent from nature.
    Non-Christians won't take responsibility for, nor correct the wrong in their lives and are incapable of true repentance.
    Those in darkness won't admit there is such a thing as sin and won't admit that all fall short of the glory of God.
    You are required to reject sin in your life, but your righteousness is not based on really doing so.
    Your righteousness is based on your faith that the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin, though we can't ever say that we have no sin.

Did I understand you correctly?
    Nope. Nor can you. You are in darkness, deceiving yourself that you have no sin.

But, others reading along will likely understand. Whether they agree or not is one thing, but they will likely understand since they are not walking purposefully in darkness.

I know that many say it is impossible to live without sinning, but just today I read in Heb. 11:6..."But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."
    It is impossible to please Him...if you don't have faith.
    1 John 1:

It is impossibe to please Him, when you call Him a liar.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

...Just as you know that you do commit sin, I know that I don't....
    Then you contradict God:

1 John 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Thanks

Then you contradict God:

I sinned a'plenty, before I learned of repentance and baptism into Christ's death, burial, and resurrection.
    But not anymore, thanks be to God.

I have been reborn of Godly seed that cannot bear evil fruit.
    I am a new creature.
    I love God more than the things lusted after on this planet.

This way of life is open to you too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by An Onymous Brother View Post
    Gal 2:
    11 But when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned.
    12 For before certain men came from James, he was eating with the Gentiles; but when they came he drew back and separated himself, fearing the circumcision party.
    13 And the rest of the Jews acted hypocritically along with him, so that even Barnabas was led astray by their hypocrisy.
    14 But when I saw that their conduct was not in step with the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas before them all, “If you, though a Jew, live like a Gentile and not like a Jew, how can you force the Gentiles to live like Jews?”
    I don't see where Peter returned to eat with the Gentiles.
    Of course I know he did, but it isn't written that he did.
    How I wish I could have seen the faces of the visiting Jews when they were ushered into the Gentile gathering.

Nope. Nor can you. You are in darkness, deceiving yourself that you have no sin.

It is impossible to please Him, when you call Him a liar.
    It is impossible to please Him by committing sin.
    I have no interest in returning to the ways of the devil, or of breaking my repentance from sin.

You feel you can show your love for God by continuing to sin, and by calling it "the light".
    I know you are in error.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I don't see where Peter returned to eat with the Gentiles.
    Of course I know he did, but it isn't written that he did.
    How I wish I could have seen the faces of the visiting Jews when they were ushered into the Gentile gathering.

It is impossible to please Him by committing sin.
    I have no interest in returning to the ways of the devil, or of breaking my repentance from sin.

You feel you can show your love for God by continuing to sin, and by calling it "the light".
    I know you are in error.
    That is where you deceive yourself, and just sinned.

For I never mentioned "continuing to sin".

You did, and attribute it to me.

What is that called, again?

"If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."
    "If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us."

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast