Page 586 of 586 FirstFirst ... 86486536576584585586
Results 5,851 to 5,853 of 5853

Thread: Question for those who deny jesus is god

Thanks
    Thanked 3,954 Times in 3,200 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dartman
    Matt actually DOES have Scripture that states his position, in stark contrast to trinitarian theories.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneZ View Post
    Yours is in stark contrast to the Trinitarian understanding.
    Of course, I believe the Scriptures, rather than pagan theories.

John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

The rest of your post is also just opinion, without a shred of Scriptural evidence.
    "One" in John 17:20-22 is "hen", that the believer is hen/one EVEN AS Jesus and his God are hen/one.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blain View Post
    the trinity father spirit son is debated often. Ppl say jesus is not god only the father is but if that is true then i have a question. Do recal how Jesus forgave sins? how he said plainly your sins are forgiven? I thought only God could forgive sins. So if Jesus is not god not only did he blasphemy but he then sinned and so was not fit to die on the cross for us.

So... anyone?
    Keep up the good work

Blessings in Christ
    How far must someone fall before they hit their head? b

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnB For This Useful Post:

1an (04-19-2017)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blain View Post
    the trinity father spirit son is debated often. Ppl say jesus is not god only the father is but if that is true then i have a question. Do recal how Jesus forgave sins? how he said plainly your sins are forgiven? I thought only God could forgive sins. So if Jesus is not god not only did he blasphemy but he then sinned and so was not fit to die on the cross for us.

So... anyone?
    I do not "deny" Jesus is God. Jesus eliminated that possibility in John 17:3, then re-iterated who my God is in John 20:17. So, better to say, "I do not promote Jesus to be God."

Especially based on forgiving sins.

Luke 17:3-4 Pay attention to yourselves! If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him,and if he sins against you seven times in the day, and turns to you seven times, saying, I repent, you must forgive him.

2 Corinthians 2:10 Anyone whom you forgive, I also forgive. Indeed, what I have forgiven, if I have forgiven anything, has been for your sake in the presence of Christ,

John 20:23 If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you withhold forgiveness from any, it is withheld.

Jesus did not promote others to the mythical "Godhead", did he?
    "You [the Father], the Only True God" -- Jesus Christ (1st Century CE)