Page 623 of 623 FirstFirst ... 123523573613621622623
Results 6,221 to 6,230 of 6230

Thread: Question for those who deny jesus is god

Thanks
    Thanked 1,409 Times in 1,178 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mattathias View Post
    No. Moses is a prophet of the one true God, not the devil. Yes.
    Moses is not the devil, don't be so stupid, but he did follow other gods and if people have been deceived into following other gods instead of the true God then there is only one alternative.

If you think so much of Moses, then you will do as he prophetically said and turn to the God he identified, the Rock of your salvation. You know who I mean. There is only One God. Do as he said.
    God who came to his own said, "Thou shalt not kill,"
    but Yahweh said, "thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth." Deu 20:16

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1an View Post
    The devil had Moses in life and wanted his body in death.

Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee. (Jud 1:9)
    Acts 7
    31 When Moses saw it, he was amazed at the sight, and as he drew near to look, there came the voice of the Lord:
    32 ‘I am the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham and of Isaac and of Jacob.’ And Moses trembled and did not dare to look.
    33 Then the Lord said to him, ‘Take off the sandals from your feet, for the place where you are standing is holy ground.
    34 I have surely seen the affliction of my people who are in Egypt, and have heard their groaning, and I have come down to deliver them. And now come, I will send you to Egypt.’

Bible disagrees with you.

John 5:
    45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father. There is one who accuses you: Moses, on whom you have set your hope.
    46 For if you believed Moses, you would believe me; for he wrote of me.
    47 But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe my words?”

If you don't believe Moses, you obviously do not believe Christ. Or so says Jesus.
    "You [the Father], the Only True God" -- Jesus Christ (1st Century CE)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by An Onymous Brother View Post
    Acts 7
    31 When Moses saw it, he was amazed at the sight, and as he drew near to look, there came the voice of the Lord:
    32 ‘I am the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham and of Isaac and of Jacob.’ And Moses trembled and did not dare to look.
    33 Then the Lord said to him, ‘Take off the sandals from your feet, for the place where you are standing is holy ground.
    34 I have surely seen the affliction of my people who are in Egypt, and have heard their groaning, and I have come down to deliver them. And now come, I will send you to Egypt.’

Bible disagrees with you.

John 5:
    45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father. There is one who accuses you: Moses, on whom you have set your hope.
    46 For if you believed Moses, you would believe me; for he wrote of me.
    47 But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe my words?”

If you don't believe Moses, you obviously do not believe Christ. Or so says Jesus.
    John 5 tells us the people were so far from God, they did not believe even Moses or they would have believed Jesus. Their forefathers were the same or they would have kept the commandments, Moses among them. They were, and still are a disobedient and stiff-necked people, who even today do not believe Moses regarding Jesus. You my friend are no different from those Jews Jesus was talking to. Matt and others say they follow Moses, but in that regard they do not, otherwise they would believe Jesus is the I AM and that is something they are not prepared to do.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,706 Times in 5,290 Posts

Moses is not the devil...
    Of course he isn't. Moses is a prophet of God. He belongs to God. He doesn't belong to the devil.

....but he did follow other gods...
    He followed only the one true God.

...and if people have been deceived into following other gods instead of the true God then there is only one alternative.
    There are several alternatives.

If you think so much of Moses...
    I think far better of Moses than you do.

...then you will do as he prophetically said...
    You slander Moses and blaspheme his God then suggest that I follow what he prophetically said.

...and turn to the God he identified, the Rock of your salvation.
    I have.

You know who I mean.
    You don't know who Moses meant.

There is only One God.
    The God of Abraham, the God of Moses, the God of Israel, the God of the Jews, the God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Do as he said.
    I have and urge others to do the same.
    The hound of Jewish monotheism.

"For us there is one God. He is the Father." (I Corinthians 8:6)

Thanks

Matt and others say they follow Moses, but in that regard they do not, otherwise they would believe Jesus is the I AM and that is something they are not prepared to do.
    Moses is a prophet of the one and only true God, the Messiah's God. Moses isn't a prophet of the Messiah; he is a prophet like the Messiah.

You slander the prophet and blaspheme his God with your teaching. You don't follow Moses and Jesus, otherwise you would believe that their God is the only one who is truly God.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
    ....that does not validate conclusions you have listed.
    You're absolutely right about that.

Would you advise people to listen to Moses if they did?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
    1an...,

I am aware ...only...from your references that G-d has experienced rebellious behavior from various sources over time including the present day but, that does not validate conclusions you have listed.
    When Moses knew the true God, the I AM, and then allowed the Israelites to worship false gods, that is bad.

Temples, altars, and statues were erected to the gods, and figures of oxen and of other animals are also mentioned (Ezek. viii. 10 et seq.). In Israel the worship of high places was a favorite form of polytheistic cult, as is shown by the Book of Kings, where the reign of each monarch is judged chiefly from the standpoint of his participation in the worship of idols, so that the words "but the high places were not removed" form a stereotyped phrase. Prayer was offered to the gods (Ex. xx. 5, xxiii. 24, et passim), the hands were stretched out to them (Ps. xliv. 21 [A. V. 20]), they were invoked by name (I Kings xviii. et seq., xxiv.), their names were praised (Josh. xxiii. 7), knees were bent before them (I Kings xix. 18), incense was burned in their honor (I Kings xi. 8 et passim), they were invoked in the taking of oaths, and sacrifices were immolated to them (Jer. vii. 18; Ex. xxxiv. 15), the victims including even human beings, such as the offerings made to Moloch. The custom of worshiping stars and idols by throwing kisses to them is mentioned in Job xxxi. 13. The exchange of clothes, by which men put on women's clothes and women donned men's garments, was an idolatrous custom, and was consequently forbidden (Deut. xxii. 5). Human hair also served as a sacrifice, and the prohibition against shaving the head or having writing burned into one's body (Lev. xix. 18, 27; xxi. 5; comp. Jer. ix. 26, xxv. 23, xlix. 32) was recognized by the Talmud (Mak. iii. 6) and by Maimonides ("Moreh," iii. 37; "Yad," 'Ab. Zarah xii. 5) as connected with idol-worship. There were, moreover, many other forms of worship, and numerous commandments of the Pentateuch, even though they omit the term "abomination" as a synonym of idolatry, refer to polytheistic worship; foridolatry was deeply rooted in the national character, as is shown by the many proper names compounded with names of idols, so that it became necessary to make every effort for its eradication.

http://jewishencyclopedia.com/articl...atry-and-idols
    Last edited by 1an; Yesterday at 01:13 PM.

Thanks

When Moses knew the true God, the I AM, and then allowed the Israelites to worship false gods, that is bad.
    As their leader at the time, the wickedness of the people reflects badly on Moses. The other prophets, were saddened by it all but were powerless to do anything.
    As your source stated, the people rebelled against their leader. That reflects badly on the rebellious, not on Moses and his God.

The prophets of God aren't powerless.
    None of the prophets, including Moses, "allowed the Israelites to worship false gods."

Thanks
    Thanked 2,173 Times in 1,828 Posts
    Blog Entries

Moses is not the devil, don't be so stupid, but he did follow other gods and if people have been deceived into following other gods instead of the true God then there is only one alternative.
    Why are you calling him stupid?

He is not the one saying Moses followed other gods.

If he said that? Then you can not only call him stupid. But, abysmally stupid.

But, he did not say that.
    God has two dwellings:
    one in heaven, and the other
    in a meek and thankful heart.
    Izaak Walton
    (1593-1683)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

None of the prophets, including Moses, "allowed the Israelites to worship false gods."
    Ha, idol worship was rife in Caanan.

In Canaan Israel was influenced to worship Baal and other deities. Perhaps it was the fact that the Canaanites, who controlled all of the fertile valleys, offered their fertility cult religion as an explanation for greater productivity to the Hebrews, who had to settle for the less productive hills, or it may have been the emphasis upon sexuality that eventually seduced Israel to the worship of idols. Other reasons included materialism ( Deut 31:20), intermarriage ( 1Kings 11:2-4 ), political persuasion ( 1 Kings 12:28 ),environmental factors ( 1 Kings 20:23 ),the conquest of other nations ( 2 Chron 25:14 ),and power ( 2 Chron28:23 ).

http://www.biblestudytools.com/dicti...-idolatry.html