Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Are there aliens - another life form - or is it just fluff?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,236 Times in 1,066 Posts
    Blog Entries

Could the verse below possibly be referring to aliens?

http://biblehub.com/john/10-16.htm

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmldn2 View Post
    My husband believes it is possible for other life forms in the universe. I at this point in time do not believe it.
    Is it possible? I am presuming this is in regard to a life form similar to humanity: Reproducing (manner not significant), consuming energy to survive ('eating' in some manner), thinking by an individuals own organs, and having a finite life span - or something rather analogous?

The answer is Yes; it's possible. The Bible says nothing on the subject. Nothing in the scientific realm predicts, demonstrates or makes a probability of either alternative. The best is numerical probability - which is promising, but not conclusive.
    Has anyone ever seen anything which they believe could prove this?
    I've read many reports of such things. They are all subjective of the observer's view and none of them present any conclusive evidence of any sort of alien contact.

There are many sites where certain chemicals show up in abundance, not typical for that area. But that is not conclusive and irrefutable evidence.

Greater are the eye-witness accounts of 'seeing' and sometimes touching or being approached or taken guest or captive by aliens. I will not flatly deny such testimony, (except for some specific cases) but eye-witness testimony is the weakest and easiest to fabricate type of 'evidence'.

So, no; there is not 'proof' of aliens in a scientific or legal sense. Nor is lack of 'proof' a 'proof' of a negative assertion. There could be aliens much better at not being seen than we think.

Please also understand I've been fascinated with aliens and UFOs all my life and really, really want to see one. I rather hope there are aliens. But so far, I know of no real proof.
    I'm very curious.
    Quite so. I think you are in the greater percentage of the population of the Earth. I am not sure any of us will be fully satisfied one way or another until 'they' land and establish communications with 'us', or the Lord returns.
    No, I'm not 'normal'. Funny you should mention it.
    Blog at oldmanmontgomery.wordpress.com

3. The Following User Says Thank You to OldManMontgomery For This Useful Post:

sealchan (02-13-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by solver View Post
    Could the verse below possibly be referring to aliens?
    http://biblehub.com/john/10-16.htm
    Could it? Sure, it could, (might, possibly).

It could also refer to non-Jewish followers of Jesus; followers of Jesus in later times, and any sort of 'other' person so deemed by Jesus' audience at the time. We know such exists.

Whereas I would love to believe in extra-terrestial aliens, I have to wait for actual evidence or proof.
    No, I'm not 'normal'. Funny you should mention it.
    Blog at oldmanmontgomery.wordpress.com

Thanks

when you do not reseach on a subject you can conclude nothing about it but when you study a subject all your life then you can make an observation, so I conclude now that a true born again believer will not see many of these sightings except in 1941 in the red lions babtist church in Kansas?, I use the question mark because its a long time in looking at this info, a minster from that church was summond to go to a crash sight to give last rights to victoms but on arrival they were not people. So let the reader judge for himself these facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldManMontgomery View Post
    Is it possible? I am presuming this is in regard to a life form similar to humanity: Reproducing (manner not significant), consuming energy to survive ('eating' in some manner), thinking by an individuals own organs, and having a finite life span - or something rather analogous?

The answer is Yes; it's possible. The Bible says nothing on the subject. Nothing in the scientific realm predicts, demonstrates or makes a probability of either alternative. The best is numerical probability - which is promising, but not conclusive.
    I've read many reports of such things. They are all subjective of the observer's view and none of them present any conclusive evidence of any sort of alien contact.

There are many sites where certain chemicals show up in abundance, not typical for that area. But that is not conclusive and irrefutable evidence.

Greater are the eye-witness accounts of 'seeing' and sometimes touching or being approached or taken guest or captive by aliens. I will not flatly deny such testimony, (except for some specific cases) but eye-witness testimony is the weakest and easiest to fabricate type of 'evidence'.

So, no; there is not 'proof' of aliens in a scientific or legal sense. Nor is lack of 'proof' a 'proof' of a negative assertion. There could be aliens much better at not being seen than we think.

Please also understand I've been fascinated with aliens and UFOs all my life and really, really want to see one. I rather hope there are aliens. But so far, I know of no real proof.Quite so. I think you are in the greater percentage of the population of the Earth. I am not sure any of us will be fully satisfied one way or another until 'they' land and establish communications with 'us', or the Lord returns.

Thanks

any real proof is bundled as fiction, keep in mind this statement every president since trueman had to deal with this subject matter in some fashion. The best eyewitness were on the atomic carrier the SS rosevelt. also on a talk shoe on kdka last year the announcer was in a discussion about ufos, after the show was over the fbi called him and ask if he knew any info before roswell and of couse the answer was no. This info about this subject is hidden yet not to be reviled. My conclusion here about this subject is this, it is a secret war in which every county has been dealing with in some fashion and yes many false stories and account have surfaced and many lies and this subject tends to have book sellers and movies made to make a profet from such. its best not to talk about this subject in a group forum because it bring about uncertainy in government.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234