Page 73 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: The Blatantly Corrupt And Grievously Flawed NWT

Blog Entries

Originally posted by JohnB
    Finally, everything, that is, the all is to Him, meaning it is His full intent to restore and reconcile all things to Himself until He is All in all new (1 Corinthians 15:28; Revelation 21:5). Other translations use the phrases intended for His glory and will return to Him. Simply, every God particle must find its way back into the love and will of God; all must return to God is love, including every single human being ever born of Adam's race and everything in all creation*

Hope this helps
    Just a clarification here my friend. Are you saying all people who have ever lived will be saved?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jig View Post
    Just a clarification here my friend. Are you saying all people who have ever lived will be saved?
    No! This certainly would make for a good thread. I will get back to this one shortly.

Excellent question

Maybe reconcile is not the best term.

JohnB
    Last edited by JohnB; 02-16-2017 at 08:57 AM.
    How far must someone fall before they hit their head? b

Quote Originally Posted by mikeboll64 View Post
    Feel free to forego all the could haves and should haves, pastor. This is all you need to know...

John 20:31
    But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

Jesus is one of God's many sons, and one of God's many messiahs - and therefore not the Most High God himself. John knew this, and so did Thomas. I know it, and so should you.
    M....,

Please explain your conclusion...it is not clear and confirmation is absent from scriptures.
    Blessings to you!

Preston

Without Christ you are alone.....you can't handle it.

Blog Entries

I edited that post.

Thanks

John

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
    M....,

Please explain your conclusion...it is not clear and confirmation is absent from scriptures.
    My conclusion would be polytheism.

Thanks

JohnB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sojourning View Post
    Did I say that? Read what I posted.
    Lets take this a step further.

In English the article "the" changes an adjective to a noun.

For example:

"hungry" describes a condition that one may be experiencing.
    "The hungry" on the other hand would be understood as a group of destitute people.

In Greek the article functions in a very similar manner yet it is more elastic and covers a larger semantic range.

Theos = God or god
    The Theos or (o theos) is speaking of a particular god.

Maybe you can now answer my question as it seems that no one here will touch it.

"What makes O Theos different than Theos?

What role does the article play in "O Theos" and why?

What is the role of the Ta in Ta Panta?

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

JohnB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
    I edited that post.

Thanks

John
    Thanks for the clarification John.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the clarification John.
    Thanks for catching my bluper. I do that from time to time

Blessings in Christ

JohnB

Quote Originally Posted by -Beowulf View Post
    I never heard this before. God had a number of kings (different term) and other representatives that were anointed (different term)by Him, but I never heard that He had many "messiahs."

Messiah or Mashiach means "The anointed one." The Jews don't believe that the Messiah they were/are expecting is Jesus but Chrisitans do. http://www.jewfaq.org/mashiach.htm

What "other" messiahs does the scriptures say God has?
    1 Chronicles 16:19-22
    When they were but few in number, few indeed, and strangers in it, they wandered from nation to nation, from one kingdom to another. He allowed no one to oppress them; for their sake he rebuked kings: “Do not touch my anointed ones (messiahs/mashiach); do my prophets no harm.”

There are two full pages of scriptures with mashiach here, if you're interested. Although Jesus is by far God's most important messiah, he is one of many.
    Who has a claim against me that I must pay? Everything under heaven belongs to me. (Job 41:11)

Quote Originally Posted by Sojourning View Post
    Yes, he received the word and became one with the word.
    Rather, Jesus was the Word who became flesh, and still is the Word. (Rev 19:13)

John says the word became flesh...

Do you believe the word itself, that which is eternal, actually/literally became flesh...
    It's like you're saying the scriptures say X... do you believe X? Of course I believe X, because the scriptures say X. The Word of God is one of Jesus' many titles. It means he is God's main spokesman. John 1:14 isn't talking about a literal spoken word (or group of words) that literally became flesh and dwelled among us, S. It is talking about the person who bears the title "The Word of God" becoming flesh and dwelling on earth with us for a short time.

It says, the word was made flesh and dwelt in us, (and we beheld it's glory, the glory as only/monogenes beside/para Father,) full of grace and truth.
    Monogenes = only begotten. Who ever dwelled on earth with the glory of God's only begotten, S? If you can answer that question, you will have figured out the identity of the Word who was made flesh.

Yes, they heard, they saw, and they touched the word of life, they could do this because the life had been made manifest.
    Yes, the Word of Life (Jesus) had indeed been made manifest in the flesh.
    Who has a claim against me that I must pay? Everything under heaven belongs to me. (Job 41:11)

Page 73 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast