Page 72 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Thread: The Blatantly Corrupt And Grievously Flawed NWT

Quote Originally Posted by mikeboll64 View Post
    This is all you need to know...

Jesus is one of God's.... many messiahs...
    I never heard this before. God had a number of kings (different term) and other representatives that were anointed (different term)by Him, but I never heard that He had many "messiahs."

Messiah or Mashiach means "The anointed one." The Jews don't believe that the Messiah they were/are expecting is Jesus but Chrisitans do. http://www.jewfaq.org/mashiach.htm

What "other" messiahs does the scriptures say God has?
    "Ignorance Can Be Educated And Crazy Can Be Medicated But There's No Cure For Stupid."

Blog Entries

I agree with all you said, with the inclusion that the Word is also one of the many titles of Jesus Christ.
    Yes, he received the word and became one with the word.

In John 1, the Word is in fact Jesus, as it attested by the fact that he became flesh and dwelled among us
    John says the word became flesh and dwelt in us. Do you believe the word itself, that which is eternal, actually/literally became flesh, when we are told that all flesh is as grass? The word is eternal, yet the flesh of Yeshua was put to death. Do you believe John had the word dwelling in him?

with the glory of one sent from the Father.

It says, the word was made flesh and dwelt in us, (and we beheld it's glory, the glory as only/monogenes beside/para Father,) full of grace and truth.

It is also attested in 1 John 1:1 by the fact they saw this particular Word with their own eyes, and touched him with their own hands. Neither of those things can be said about spoken words received from God.
    Yes, they heard, they saw, and they touched the word of life, they could do this because the life had been made manifest.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jig View Post
    My friend, no Jew who loves God would ever refer to someone as "a god" unless that Person was God.
    What did Yeshua says? John 10:34 Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
    Then you agree that the Greek Article makes the term Theo's an absolute when the article is incorporated and the term is "o Theo's"

Finally, we have an answer.
    Did I say that? Read what I posted.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    Other references where a Jew uses the phrase My God'....

Psalm 35:23
    Stir up thyself, and awake to my judgment, even unto my cause, my God and my Lord.

Exodus 15:2
    The Lord is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him.

Deuteronomy 4:5
    Behold, I have taught you statutes and judgments, even as the Lord my God commanded me, that ye should do so in the land whither ye go to possess it.

Habakkuk 1:12
    Art thou not from everlasting, O Lord my God, mine Holy One? we shall not die. O Lord, thou hast ordained them for judgment; and, O mighty God, thou hast established them for correction.

Joshua 14:8
    Nevertheless my brethren that went up with me made the heart of the people melt: but I wholly followed the Lord my God.

1 Kings 3:7
    And now, O Lord my God, thou hast made thy servant king instead of David my father: and I am but a little child: I know not how to go out or come in.

Psalm 5:2
    Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God: for unto thee will I pray.

Psalm 22:1
    My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?

John 20:17
    Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
    God, not "the god"

Romans 1:8
    First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.
    Yes, he says, I thank my god, he does not say "the god" of me.

Here is a reference where one is calling someone other than 'God' my god. It's a direct reference to idolatry...

Isaiah 44:17
    And the residue thereof he maketh a god, even his graven image: he falleth down unto it, and worshippeth it, and prayeth unto it, and saith, Deliver me; for thou art my god.

136 verses in the KJV contain the phrase 'my God' every one of them refers to God.

Only 1 verse contains the phrase 'my god', and it refers to the idolatry of the one saying it.

Thomas calling Jesus My Lord and My God would be the only instance in the entire bible some one other than God was called My God.
    Pharaoh didn't speak Greek, but if he had of, he could have said to Moses, the god of me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sojourning View Post
    What did Yeshua says? John 10:34 Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
    Jesus was speaking to the judges of Israel and led them to where Isaiah warned
    the same in his day. No comparison between that and Thomas' adoration.

Blog Entries

Yes, he received the word and became one with the word.

John says the word became flesh and dwelt in us. Do you believe the word itself, that which is eternal, actually/literally became flesh, when we are told that all flesh is as grass? The word is eternal, yet the flesh of Yeshua was put to death. Do you believe John had the word dwelling in him?

It says, the word was made flesh and dwelt in us, (and we beheld it's glory, the glory as only/monogenes beside/para Father,) full of grace and truth.

Yes, they heard, they saw, and they touched the word of life, they could do this because the life had been made manifest.
    The Word became flesh and dwelt among us.

Where did you come up with , "in us"?
    How far must someone fall before they hit their head? b

Blog Entries

Did I say that? Read what I posted.
    Certainly you did. There is no other way to understand it.

Let's take a look.

Theos

O Theos

The only difference between the two is the Greek article. If We remove the article "O" and all you have left is theos then you have theos and theos.

By agreeing you admit that the article makes the statement "O Theos "absolute.

If I am wrong then please explain

Feel free to forego all the could haves and should haves, pastor. This is all you need to know...

John 20:31
    But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

Jesus is one of God's many sons, and one of God's many messiahs - and therefore not the Most High God himself. John knew this, and so did Thomas. I know it, and so should you.
    Wow...one of many firstborn sons and one of many messiahs. That's quite interesting even from a JW perspective. I wonder how many other "sons" have created this world? Oh, maybe it was other worlds, like Mormons believe? How many other sons were called the "firstborn?" As to messiahs, how many can fulfill this part: "Joh 20:31 But these have been written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name."(Bold Mine)? How many other "messiahs" can it be said of the following: Php_2:10 "that at the name of Jesus "every knee should bow," of heavenly ones, and earthly ones, and ones under the earth,"(Bold Mine)? Or how about how many other messiahs is it ever said, 1Jn_5:13 "I wrote these things to you, the ones believing in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have everlasting life, and that you may believe in the name of the Son of God "(Bold Mine)? I will certainly be interested in learning about all these other first born sons of God and other messiahs sent from God. Jesus knew who He was, John knew this, and so did Thomas (My Lord and My God) [and don't try to use the 'it was just an exclamation phrase...please]. Seems to me some who have a different view of Christology from you...have a much higher view of Jesus. Just my observation.
    Pastor2022- Moderator

Faith is the confident obedience to the Word of God in spite of circumstances or consequences.

Blog Entries

Feel free to forego all the could haves and should haves, pastor. This is all you need to know...

John 20:31
    But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

Jesus is one of God's many sons, and one of God's many messiahs - and therefore not the Most High God himself. John knew this, and so did Thomas. I know it, and so should you.
    TA PANTA

The administration of the mystery which for ages has been hidden in God who created all things [ta panta, the all]…. (Ephesians 3:9 NASB)

For every house is built by someone, but the builder of all things [ta panta, the all] is God. (Hebrews 3:4 NASB)

"Worthy are You, our Lord and our God, to receive glory and honor and power; for You created all things [ta panta, the all], and because of Your will they existed, and were created." (Revelation 4:11 NASB)

I charge you in the presence of God, who gives life to all things [ta panta, the all]…. (1 Timothy 6:13 NASB)

Yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things [ta panta, the all], and we for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things [ta panta, the all], and we through Him. (1 Corinthians 8:6 HCSB)

(16) For by Him all things [ta panta, the all] were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities―all things [ta panta, the all] have been created through Him and for Him. (17) He is before all things [panton], and in Him all things [ta panta, the all] hold together. (Colossians 1:16-17 NASB)

And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things [ta panta, the all] by the word of His power. (Hebrews 1:3 NASB)

(8) In all wisdom and prudence (9) making known to us the secret of His will (in accord with His delight, which He purposed in Him) (10) to have an administration [stewardship] of the complement of the eras, to head up all [ta panta, the all] in the Christ─both that in the heavens and that on the earth…. (Ephesians 1:8b-10 CV)

Paul clearly defines the all as everything in the heavens and on the earth, meaning the all is God's entire creation as we know it and, most likely, as we don't know it, for it includes the unseen as well. There is nothing left out of the all that Christ is heading up. Nothing!

He who descended is Himself also He who ascended far above all the heavens, so that He might fill all things [ta panta, the all]. (Ephesians 4:10 NASB)

But the Scripture has shut up everyone [ta panta, the all] under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. (Galatians 3:22 NASB)

For God has shut up all in disobedience so that He may show mercy to all. (Romans 11:32 NASB)

Finally, everything, that is, the all is to Him, meaning it is His full intent to restore all things to Himself until He is All in all new (1 Corinthians 15:28; Revelation 21:5). Other translations use the phrases intended for His glory and will return to Him. Simply, every God particle must find its way back into the will of God;

Hope this helps
    Last edited by JohnB; 02-16-2017 at 09:00 AM.

Page 72 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast