Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do the command "Work out your own salvation" mean ?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default What do the command "Work out your own salvation" mean ?

In Philippian 2:12 ) Paul commanded the Philippian "to work out their own salvation with fear and trembling" !
    If Faith is enough, and confessing the name of the Lord is enough for Salvation ; What is the need for this command ?
    Note; this is addressed to the faithful, repentant, and baptized Christian of Philippians and later to all the Churches.
    These people are already Reconciled to God !
    These people already have faith, and calling on the name of the Lord !
    Why command them still to WORK OUT THEIR OWN SALVATION ?
    What does this mean ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by patut.evangelista View Post
    In Philippian 2:12 ) Paul commanded the Philippian "to work out their own salvation with fear and trembling" !
    If Faith is enough, and confessing the name of the Lord is enough for Salvation ; What is the need for this command ?
    Note; this is addressed to the faithful, repentant, and baptized Christian of Philippians and later to all the Churches.
    What does this mean ?
    WORK OUT YOUR OWN SALVATION is a ticket(ONE WAY TRIP WITH NO REFUNDS OR RETURN) to the Lake of Fire.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ecclesiastes For This Useful Post:

patut.evangelista (10-10-2013)

Thanks

When someone says to you..."WORK OUT YOUR OWN SALVATION"...

RUN RUN RUN

AND

NEVER LOOK BACK.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ecclesiastes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries

What does this mean ?
    Philippians 2:12 (KJV)
    12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

To work out one's salvation is to comply with the conditions on which God has promised to save. To so live in accordance with God's word that he will be fitted to be saved. The thing for man to do is to fit himself for salvation, then God will save him. He can be fitted for salvation only by complying with the law God has given to discipline and fit Him.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dilligence For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dilligence View Post
    Philippians 2:12 (KJV)
    12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

To work out one's salvation is to comply with the conditions on which God has promised to save. To so live in accordance with God's word that he will be fitted to be saved. The thing for man to do is to fit himself for salvation, then God will save him. He can be fitted for salvation only by complying with the law God has given to discipline and fit Him.
    How many times have you gone through and completed this process? If i am going to believe someone...I surely want to make sure they are speaking from first hand experience.

Especially if my soul depends upon it for all eternity.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ecclesiastes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ecclesiastes View Post
    How many times have you gone through and completed this process? If i am going to believe someone...I surely want to make sure they are speaking from first hand experience.

Especially if my soul depends upon it for all eternity.
    What process are you referring to?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dilligence For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dilligence View Post
    What process are you referring to?
    The one you do not know anything about.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ecclesiastes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ecclesiastes View Post
    The one you do not know anything about.

Well, that was a nice discussion, mmm bye bye now...

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dilligence For This Useful Post:

patut.evangelista (10-10-2013), Wiwismum (10-13-2013)

Thanks

What does this mean ?
    It does only mean to maintain with you, all throughout your life, the salvation that the Lord Jesus, not Paul, has given you? Salvation is conditional and not OSAS.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to sanhedrin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

What does this mean ?
    Of all the disciples and apostles, Paul is and was the most persecuted. His teachings appear to contradict the other disciples at times. He understood, unlike most, that salvation is nothing like what is preached in the mainstream America today. All the CHristian based religions.

If you study Pauls writings with a firm foundation on the simply stated teachings of Jesus, stay away from parables, you will see that he understood them for what they simply were.

The Holy Spirit given to them was not to make them righteous. It was to make them what they needed to be to do Gods will in preaching the Gospel. Only one died without sin. Jesus. Everyone else sins every day.

The powers the first disciples were given to heal and such were seperate from helping them to defeat Satan. Faith did the healing, not them. Yet they still sinned by their own admission. Paul called his a thorn.

So though we are taught that we are to conquer sin, not one but Jesus was able too. Even the very ones that Jesus blessed continued to sin, yet they continued also in good works driven by the Holy Spirit. Go figure. So what does this mean.

It means, though one is blessed and seeking and preaching because compelled by the Holy Spirit, otherwise they would not, and had no intention of doing these this before blessed, they are still expected to shun evil with no help from God. That includes the Holy Spirit, Jesus and God. They are left to their own resourses to battle temptation.

Paul telling them to, even though they already appear to have been victorious, and were for a time knows that for that time it was the Holy Spirit doing the fighting for its purpose of the spreading the news. He also knew they would be abandoned to fight for themselves at times. So why? So they would understand that Gods Holy Spirit has the power to defeat Satan and we do NOT!'

You can try as hard as you like. You can use fear or respect. You will do better with respect but will still fail. It's already known and proven over the 2013 years since the Lord left. Everybody since has died and are still dying when Jesus promised if we keep the commands, we would never taste death.

People like Gary Mac who claim to be righteous will be known when they too get old and die. Or succomb to some unknown early passing. Jesus does not lie. He said we would die in our sin unless we believe. And He said to believe is to keep the commands. Simple. And the Holy Spirit is well and active as many know, as many do good sometimes. Some alot some less. Yet if we are all honest with ourselves, we all still sin. Even Gary. So it is possible to have the blessing of the Holy Spirit and to still be a sinner. For those blessed sheep out there, you know exactly what I am talking about. It is also possible and there are people that have not been touched. They have no clue what I am talking about and for that I am sad. They are left only to themselves to see the truth and choose between good and evil and fail miserably. Mostly when persecuting those that have been touched. But they can not be blamed or judged because everyone who is not touched acts the same way. The devil has no resistance when toying with them. He has some with us however and that is from above and because we are winning more battles than them, it should not be thought that it is because we are special. Because it really isnt us winning. Its the HS. So when we do well, we should not boast. My favorite boast that is the most common is, "I chose to believe and was blessed. I am smart enough to see that there is a God and that I should seek Him."

It is by nothing we do that we are saved. If you dont believe me, go, work out your own salvation. Its easy. Keep all the commands. All the time. Your pass sins will be forgiven. God and Jesus will come to you and make their home with you and you will never taste death.

Faith is a gift given to some by nothing they do.

Jesus is the saviour. You cant save yourself. Even by choosing to believe. Because to believe is to:

KEEP THE COMMANDS
    Last edited by Chuckyz2; 10-10-2013 at 07:46 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Chuckyz2 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast