Thread: Love The Stranger As thyself

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Red face Love The Stranger As thyself

Google "www.universalknowledge.net"

And then tell me what you think-?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

On a side note, What does "HTML code is Off" mean-?

Just curious

lived in 5 states traveled extensively in Europe middle East and Asia.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,342 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Blog Entries

The www.universalknowledge.net web site is bizarre, completely outside of orthodoxy, I would not ever go back to that sort of place for anything. Seems like some cult operating it. If you follow that you are not Christian.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Celeste View Post
    Seems like some cult operating it. If you follow that you are not Christian.

Clut of what, please explain-?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,162 Times in 1,569 Posts

Love the stranger as thyself is the basis for the Golden Rule. I didn't click on the link. However, the idea is not unique to Judaism or Christianity. I think it could be argued that these religions borrowed, or incorporated the idea from earlier belief systems, or plain common sense.

P33

I'm not from here, I just live here...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim33 View Post
    Love the stranger as thyself is the basis for the Golden Rule. I didn't click on the link. However, the idea is not unique to Judaism or Christianity. I think it could be argued that these religions borrowed, or incorporated the idea from earlier belief systems, or plain common sense.

P33
    God is a SPirit and that Spirit is love for God is love and His kingdom is withn you, Christ in you, you having Gods same disposition. If you have Gods Holy Spirit residing then love is an automatic and someting not forced as most try instead of having the reality of Him within.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GaryMac For This Useful Post:

4crunburg (08-04-2014), lightbearer (07-22-2014)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

The word “stranger” appears 128 times in the Holy Bible (KJV). In most of the cases it is telling the Israelites how to treat the stranger. In fact the Bible spends a great deal of time telling the Israelites how to treat the stranger and yet when Israel became a State the first thing they started doing was casting out non-Jews and in many cases outright murdering them. This practice even continues today. This truly puzzles me because the Israelites are doing just the opposite of what the Lord told them to do. Since the scripture is very clear on this issue they have no excuse for this ungodly behavior. One can only conclude that they think they are above God and can defy Him whenever they choose to do so.

I am sure God is very disappointed in their behavior and at some point they will get their due unless they change their way.

Does anyone here think they will change and embrace the stranger as the Lord told them to do-?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to waterloome For This Useful Post:

lightbearer (11-10-2013)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

New look provides new insight

The www.universalknowledge.net web site is bizarre, completely outside of orthodoxy, I would not ever go back to that sort of place for anything. Seems like some cult operating it. If you follow that you are not Christian.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Cool love the stranger

Quote Originally Posted by waterloome View Post
    New look provides new insight

The unknown will remain unknown until you see.,..,.,

2468justme@hushmail.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by waterloome View Post
    The word “stranger” appears 128 times in the Holy Bible (KJV). In most of the cases it is telling the Israelites how to treat the stranger. In fact the Bible spends a great deal of time telling the Israelites how to treat the stranger and yet when Israel became a State the first thing they started doing was casting out non-Jews and in many cases outright murdering them. This practice even continues today. This truly puzzles me because the Israelites are doing just the opposite of what the Lord told them to do. Since the scripture is very clear on this issue they have no excuse for this ungodly behavior. One can only conclude that they think they are above God and can defy Him whenever they choose to do so.

I am sure God is very disappointed in their behavior and at some point they will get their due unless they change their way.

Does anyone here think they will change and embrace the stranger as the Lord told them to do-?
    Denominations Catholic, Baptist, Methodist, Jews, doesn't matter who you are, if you do not have in your being the same as Jesus and like as he was, one with the Father, He in you and you in Him as one, for God is Love, then Christ is a stranger to anyone no matter what religion one says he is of. In Christ there is no distinction, no Greek, no Jew, no male, no female, we all are the same in Him, Love. God is a Spirit and that Spirit is love.

When are people going to realize that the kingdom of God is within you? They wont realize it until Love is their motive instead of law.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GaryMac For This Useful Post:

lightbearer (07-22-2014), Lone (09-06-2013)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast