Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 351

Thread: Does God love people in hell?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    997
    Thanks
    204
    Thanked 114 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Does God love people in hell?

    Just putting a question out for discussion. I know it will lead to many other questions. Those questions will lead to answers and other questions which will lead to OSAS and Calvinism.

    So does God love those folks who are in hell? If so, why do you believe that? If not, why do you believe not?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    21,466
    Thanks
    1,070
    Thanked 3,396 Times in 2,761 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dilligence View Post
    Just putting a question out for discussion. I know it will lead to many other questions. Those questions will lead to answers and other questions which will lead to OSAS and Calvinism.

    So does God love those folks who are in hell? If so, why do you believe that? If not, why do you believe not?
    I suppose the first question is: is there anyone in hell?

    I don't believe there is. When people die, they are dead. Stone cold dead.

    Ecc 9:
    5) For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
    6) Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

    People will be raised from the dead at one of the upcoming resurrections.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    424
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    I suppose the first question is: is there anyone in hell?

    I don't believe there is. When people die, they are dead. Stone cold dead.

    Ecc 9:
    5) For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
    6) Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

    People will be raised from the dead at one of the upcoming resurrections.
    Tsk tsk tsk, shroom are you wrong on every subject that comes up ???? I won't straighten u out on this one.

    I will let you argue with Jesus, you see ,he said there is People in hell.


    Luke 16:23
    And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
    No conviction. No conversion !

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    861
    Thanks
    92
    Thanked 40 Times in 38 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboy View Post
    Tsk tsk tsk, shroom are you wrong on every subject that comes up ???? I won't straighten u out on this one.

    I will let you argue with Jesus, you see ,he said there is People in hell.


    Luke 16:23
    And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
    That is a parable.It does not prove people are in Hell.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    424
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raven View Post
    That is a parable.It does not prove people are in Hell.

    Prove it's a parable.
    No conviction. No conversion !

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bigboy For This Useful Post:

    S.T.Ranger (06-10-2013)

  7. #6
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    424
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    I suppose the first question is: is there anyone in hell?

    I don't believe there is. When people die, they are dead. Stone cold dead.

    Ecc 9:
    5) For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
    6) Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

    People will be raised from the dead at one of the upcoming resurrections.
    Here argue with scripture some more, there are people in hell awaiting the resurrection.

    Revelation 20:13
    And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them:and they were judged every man according to their works.
    No conviction. No conversion !

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    861
    Thanks
    92
    Thanked 40 Times in 38 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboy View Post
    Prove it's a parable.
    Why don't you try reading it!

    Where in the OT does it teach a burning Hell? If it is not a parable does that mean people in Hell are able to see people in Heaven?
    Notice in verse 24 it says ''flame'' and not flames
    What about the symbolism?
    How did Jesus know about this story? Was he there?
    Why five brothers? Who were they?
    How does ''Abraham's bosom'' refer to Heaven?
    How were they able to talk and see each other?
    Why did the man ask for Lazarus to ''dip the tip of his finger in water'' why didn't he request a bucket full of water?

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    861
    Thanks
    92
    Thanked 40 Times in 38 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboy View Post
    Here argue with scripture some more, there are people in hell awaiting the resurrection.

    Revelation 20:13
    And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them:and they were judged every man according to their works.
    Why are they Judged before they are Judged?

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    18,338
    Thanks
    2,912
    Thanked 3,407 Times in 2,811 Posts
    Blog Entries
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dilligence View Post
    Just putting a question out for discussion. I know it will lead to many other questions. Those questions will lead to answers and other questions which will lead to OSAS and Calvinism.

    So does God love those folks who are in hell? If so, why do you believe that? If not, why do you believe not?
    God does love people in hell. He loves people in Alaska, Palestine, Rome, Paris and whatever location one care to name. Where we are located is not a determining factor in the love of God. I believe it because God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son. No limitations based one where one lives.
    ------------------------
    "He has shown you, O man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you. But to do justly..and to love mercy...and to walk humbly with your God."

  11. #10
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    424
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    =raven;632796]Why don't you try reading it!
    What a novel idea I will try that, thank you for the suggestion.


    Where in the OT does it teach a burning Hell? If it is not a parable does that mean people in Hell are able to see people in Heaven?
    I didn't know we were discussing hell in the Old Testament. Before the resurrection of Christ they were in paradise, and yes Jesus seemed to think they could see one another. After his death he Desended first, then led captivity captive. Now that his death burial resurrection has been completed, to be absent from the body is to be present with The Lord.




    Notice in verse 24 it says ''flame'' and not flames
    What about the symbolism?
    How did Jesus know about this story? Was he there?
    Why five brothers? Who were they?
    Was Jesus there ??? are you another that denies the eternal deity of Christ ? This forum seems to have it's share of those. Why not 10 brothers........ask Jesus your what if's.



    How does ''Abraham's bosom'' refer to Heaven?
    Abraham is the father of the faithful. Before Christs ressurection all the faithful were in paradise, in Abe's bosom.


    How were they able to talk and see each other?
    Jesus said they were.



    Why did the man ask for Lazarus to ''dip the tip of his finger in water'' why didn't he request a bucket full of water
    I don't know Jesus didn't say. If I didn't know anymore than you about the scripture, I would keep my mouth shut and learn. And by the way quit calling Christ a liar, Please.
    No conviction. No conversion !

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •