Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Born that way?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by raven View Post
    What do you believe?

I believe history and that it repeats itself.

Ever did a study on Molech or the Amorites?

Go to the library. Do not "google". It may answer alot.
    Coram Deo

Thanks
    Thanked 1,929 Times in 1,386 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Susanna View Post
    No, it's a religion. If it were a lifestyle Christians wouldn't go out of their way to condemn other people.
    First even your own belief system is classified as a religion. Second in regards to your comment, Christianity is a Religion that has prerequisites (Precepts) which are to make it a lifestyle. A lifestyle that is of Love. Love for G~d and Love for our fellow man. If we don't adhere to the prerequisites, the Precepts, and the other commandments; we are affecting the balance that was to keep everything the way G~d intended. We are destroying ourselves, those around us, and the very Creation that G~d has set in motion.

The wages of sin is death. Death is the natural consequence of sin and affects everything. Christians, are to love the Lord their God and their fellow man with all their Heart, with all their mind, and all their strength. G~d revering people are to worship G~d, minister to the needs of people and while doing so they are to preach repentance and share the Gospel. To do so we have to talk about what sin is. If one does not like to live a life without sin, taking part of the Gospel, the Body of Christ, the Temple of G~d, His Kingdom. A life that shows that we worship and love G~d. A life that does not cause death then maybe at this time G~d is not for them. Because whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
    But don't give up if we are truly seeking He will change us. He is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. But perish we will unless we repent
    1 John 3:6-7; 2 Peter 3:9 (KJV)
    Last edited by lightbearer; 03-17-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Thanks

http://www.salon.com/2012/12/11/stud...is_no_gay_gene

obviously there is no gene according to all science... and most agree scientifically that it is a psychological occurence. Even common sense tells you that murderors and rapists are not because of some twist in DNA it is a choice based on psychological problems or environmental..hence the same could be said of Homosexuality..its a choice and its become an epidemic because of its acceptance therefore allowing a more open environment and psychological imprint to aid in making the decision to participate in.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,651 Times in 1,222 Posts

What if there exists a superior race of inter dimensional beings who know how to exploit individual human DNA sequences to produce a desired behavior.

Some deny such a thing could happen; therefore it is they that are large and in charge.

Others resolve to be content in their personal situation.

I for one would be eager to be set free from such exploitation.

Such a freedom is found only in Jesus!

Thanks

Default Change for the Kingdom

Nothing confuses me more than people that try to bring our Creator into the 21st century. Gods word is as it is and must not, cannot be changed. If people do not want to believe in a Grand Creator or if they want to follow some of these so-called, religious orders that are in fact something else, then it is for them to choose, but Gods written word is very clear on all aspects of life and we must endeavour to follow his instructions without modification.

Of course homosexuals and lesbians feel that they have been born that way and I am not going to argue differently but the most important thing of all is nothing to do with how we are to pursue our pleasure but in following Gods word, otherwise there simply is no point at all in following the bits that we are comfortable with in Gods written word. Don't forget that it is written that those that are doing the will of God are the ones that will be saved (a). So it looks a though it is up to us to find out what the will of God is before we can do it and there is only one book that will tell what Gods will is. Also it is written 'narrow and cramped is the road that leads to life and brad and spacious is the road leading of to destruction' (b), so it isn't going to be easy.

People that indulge in these practices may say that they are born that way, as those born blind, deaf, or missing limbs but such people don't practice these conditions; they curse their affliction daily, but they do cope with them. It is written 'if your eye offends you pluck it out ....... it is better to enter the Kingdom of Heaven blind ....' (c), so our Creator, it seems has made provision for our weaknesses.

I have heard of and known of people that say they have been born with this affliction, and have gone on to making the choice of abandoning such practices and becoming dedicated Christians, so I know that it can be done. Don't forget that Jesus was at times eating with tax collectors and sinners in hope of gaining them to the kingdom of Heaven, so he was not advocating disassociation with them but they must make the choice if they want to be saved. Remember, when some of his disciples were questioned about the subject he said 'only the ailing are need of a physician' (d). The apostle Paul in his letter to the Corinthians reminded them that this is what some of you WERE. Which means they did not continue the practice.

(a)
    Mt 7:21-23
    Where Jesus was reported to have said: - “Not everyone saying to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. Many will say to me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and exspell demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name? And yet then I will confess to them: I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness.”

{similar also at Ephesians 6:6}

(b)
    Mt 7:13
    “Go in through the narrow gate; because broad and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are the ones going in through it; whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it.”

(c)
    Mt 18:8, 9
    If then, your hand or your foot is making you stumble cut it off and throw it away from you; it is finer for you to enter into life maimed or lame than to be thrown with two hands or two feet into the everlasting fire. Also, if tour eue is making you stumble, tear it out and threw it away from you; it is finer tor you to enter one-eyed into life than to be thrown with two eyes int the fiery Gehenna.”

(d)
    Mt 9:11-13
    When the Pharisees began to say to his disciples: “Why is it that your teacher eats with tax collectors and sinners?” Hearing them , he said: “Persons in health do not need a physician, but the ailing do. Go, then and learn what this means, 'I want mercy, and not sacrifice.' For I came to call, not righteous people, but sinners.”

(e)
    Fst Corinthians 6:9-11
    9*What! Do you not know that unrighteous persons will not inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be misled. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men, 10*nor thieves, nor greedy persons, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit God’s kingdom. 11*And yet that is what some of you WHERE. But you have been washed clean, but you have been sanctified, but you have been declared righteous in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,670 Times in 3,681 Posts
    Blog Entries

lightbearer
    Christianity is a Religion that has prerequisites (Precepts) which are to make it a lifestyle. A lifestyle that is of Love. Love for G~d and Love for our fellow man. If we don't adhere to the prerequisites, the Precepts, and the other commandments; we are affecting the balance that was to keep everything the way G~d intended. We are destroying ourselves, those around us, and the very Creation that G~d has set in motion.
    Who gets to decide what the prerequisites are?

Christians, are to love the Lord their God and their fellow man with all their Heart, with all their mind, and all their strength.
    Yeah, I've heard that rumor too.
    "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Ghandi

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Newsflash- there's no heterosexual gene either.

obviously there is no gene according to all science... and most agree scientifically that it is a psychological occurence.
    So hormones have nothing at all to do with this?

Even common sense tells you that murderors and rapists are not because of some twist in DNA it is a choice based on psychological problems or environmental..hence the same could be said of Homosexuality..its a choice and its become an epidemic because of its acceptance therefore allowing a more open environment and psychological imprint to aid in making the decision to participate in.
    I'd like to know at what point you sat down and "decided" you were going to be a heterosexual.
    "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Ghandi

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hello Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    Nothing confuses me more than people that try to bring our Creator into the 21st century. Gods word is as it is and must not, cannot be changed.
    Before I use the energy to try and answer your post, could you clarify something for me?
    What do you consider "God's word?" Would that be the OT, the NT or both?
    And do you feel that 21st century Christians must adhere to every word therein?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by theophilus40 View Post
    Some people are sexually attracted to members of their own sex. There are different opinions about why this is true. Some people believe this condition the result of their experiences but others believe it is has a genetic cause. It is possible that different people are homosexuals for different reasons but the Bible gives us reason to believe that at least some people are gay because they were born that way.

Adam and Eve were created perfect and if they hadn’t disobeyed God they would have lived forever. Unfortunately they did disobey and this affected not only them but all of their descendants.

Not only do we all eventually die but while we are alive we suffer from physical imperfections of various kinds and degrees. Some people are born with major defects such as missing or deformed limbs, blindness, or mental retardation. God designed humans to be sexually attracted to the opposite sex; the fact that some are attracted to the same sex is obviously one of the defects caused by sin. Scientists who think homosexuality is genetic are looking for a gene that causes people to be gay; perhaps their efforts would be more successful if they looked for defects in the genes that make people straight.

If experiencing same sex attraction is a result of a genetic defect it is morally no different from any other birth defect. The person who experiences it has no reason to feel guilty about it and other people shouldn’t blame him or discriminate against him because of it.

Experiencing homosexual desires isn’t a sin. Acting on those desires is. Right and wrong aren’t determined by what we want or how we feel but by God’s commands. The only sexual activity permitted by God is that which is between a man and a woman who are married to each other.

No one, whether straight or gay, is free to satisfy his sexual desires any way he wants. Someone who isn’t married must completely abstain from sex. A married person may only engage is sex with his spouse. It is harder for homosexuals to comply with these standards because they don’t have the option of marriage but anyone who makes the effort can do so.

Some people treat homosexual sin differently from other sins but God doesn’t make such a distinction.

It is like all other sins; it is serious enough to keep people out of the kingdom of heaven but it can be forgiven. Christ died for all sins, including those involving homosexuality.

If you experience same sex attraction but haven’t acted on it you haven’t sinned. Your feelings aren’t a sin but a temptation which you must resist.

If you experience same sex attraction and have acted on it you have sinned but your sin can be forgiven. You must repent of your sin and put your faith in Jesus Christ.

One of the two great commandments God gave is to love our neighbor as ourselves. That includes those neighbors who are gay. The best way for Christians to obey this command is to tell gay people God’s commands regarding sexual activity and tell those who have violated these commands how they can be forgiven.

Here is a good place to learn more about this subject:

http://truefreedomtrust.co.uk/
    I have to agree with some of what you wrote however if you feel same sex attraction is not sin until the act is committed then observe what Jesus said about it.
    Matthew 5: 28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. 29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. 30And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
    Remember one of God commandments was thou shalt not covet. The definition of covet is to desire. Certainly you are not saying that Jesus is okay with man desiring to be with another man?
    Jeremiah 23:1 Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the Lord.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to josephisrael For This Useful Post:

Prophetess Deborah Jges4 (05-05-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,929 Times in 1,386 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Susanna View Post
    Who gets to decide what the prerequisites are?

Yeah, I've heard that rumor too.
    Further yet further. How far I wonder. To the point of no return?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678