Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Queen James Bible

Thanks
    Thanked 4,245 Times in 3,252 Posts

Default The Queen James Bible

The Queen James Bible is a bible translation edited to prevent homophobic misinterpretation of God's Word...
    The Queen James Bible

"A disciple is not above his teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like his teacher." (Luke 6:40)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,324 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mattathias View Post
    Satan is hard at work misleading the entire inhabited earth. Rev 12: 9. True Christians are to be no part of the world. John 15:17-19

"men who lie with men"

1 Cor 6:9 What! Do you not know that unrighteous persons will not inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be misled. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men, 10 nor thieves, nor greedy persons, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit God’s kingdom. 11 And yet that is what some of you were. But you have been washed clean, but you have been sanctified, but you have been declared righteous in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God.

How is that rendered in the "Queen James" ? and how do they support their rendering?

Or, “nor sodomites.” Lit., “nor liers with males.” Gr., ou′te ar·se·no·koi′tai; Lat., ne′que ma·scu·lo′rum con·cu·bi·to′res
    NWT ref ed.

__________________________________________________ ________
    HtP

Thanks
    Thanked 4,810 Times in 3,802 Posts
    Blog Entries

The King James Bible is the most popular Bible of all time, and arguably the most important English language document of all time. The brainchild and namesake of King James I, who wanted an English language Bible that all could own and read, it has been in print for over 400 years and has brought more people to Christ than any other Bible translation. Commonly known to biographers but often surprising to most Christians, King James I was a well-known bisexual. Though he did marry a woman, his many gay relationships were so well-known that amongst some of his friends and court, he was known as “Queen James.”

This does bring up an interesting question tho-

Why would King James support a Bible that condemned what he practiced?
    "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Ghandi

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Susanna View Post
    This does bring up an interesting question tho-

Why would King James support a Bible that condemned what he practiced?
    If he thought the bible actually condoned homosexuality, it wouldn't benefit him in his own time. Gays would have to wait until this system of things went further down the gurgler for that to happen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authori..._James_Version
    HtP

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by helpthepaw View Post
    If he thought the bible actually condoned homosexuality, it wouldn't benefit him in his own time. Gays would have to wait until this system of things went further down the gurgler for that to happen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authori..._James_Version
    No, I don't think he thought the Bible condoned it. Maybe he just didn't think it applied to him since he was king? IDK.
    "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Ghandi

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Susanna View Post
    No, I don't think he thought the Bible condoned it. Maybe he just didn't think it applied to him since he was king? IDK.
    You could be right there, since the blurb mentions courtiers were well aware of his activities.
    HtP

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mattathias View Post
    Do you teach from the Queen James Bible in your church ????
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There are two kinds of people . There is one that just accepts anything they're taught and base their life on it .

And other Analyzes and Scrutinizes everything they're taugh before they base their life on it . Belief Is For The Believer , That's the first . It doesn't deal with facts .

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Malachi-Zede-El For This Useful Post:

freak e friday (12-28-2012)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

What about homosexuals that aren't lying with men. :|

Why can't they go into a church without being ostracized and treated like pedophiles?

I can't help but think, if the glbt community received no more attention than any other sin in the world does, then we wouldn't have the gay marriage issues, and more of them would be comfortable seeking God, and as a result of more seeking Him, more would find Him.

Quote Originally Posted by helpthepaw View Post
    Satan is hard at work misleading the entire inhabited earth. Rev 12: 9. True Christians are to be no part of the world. John 15:17-19

"men who lie with men"

1 Cor 6:9 What! Do you not know that unrighteous persons will not inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be misled. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men, 10 nor thieves, nor greedy persons, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit God’s kingdom. 11 And yet that is what some of you were. But you have been washed clean, but you have been sanctified, but you have been declared righteous in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God.

How is that rendered in the "Queen James" ? and how do they support their rendering?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by catalyst View Post

Why can't they go into a church without being ostracized and treated like pedophiles?

I can't help but think, if the glbt community received no more attention than any other sin in the world does, then we wouldn't have the gay marriage issues, and more of them would be comfortable seeking God, and as a result of more seeking Him, more would find Him.
    What does one have to do with the other?
    There are gay friendly churches out there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by catalyst View Post

Your point about non practising homosexuals is valid. If they are unmarried, they, according to God's standards, should refrain from sexual activity just as heterosexuals. If they choose to marry, it is with the opposite sex just as God ordained.

I would expect that there are perhaps a good number of people like this that have understood God's word for what it says and faithfully live
    by it the best way they can.

“He who created them from the beginning made them male and female and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and his mother and will stick to his wife, and the two will be one flesh’ . . . Therefore, what God has yoked together let no man put apart.”—Jesus Christ, as recorded at Matthew 19:4-6.

cheers......

(edited)
    HtP

12. The Following User Says Thank You to helpthepaw For This Useful Post:

freak e friday (12-28-2012)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast