Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Thread: Gloria in Excelsis Deo (Glory to God in the highest)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,538 Times in 1,823 Posts
    Blog Entries

Can we live without sinning?

Yes through Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purging our consciousness from dead works (Sin; acts that cause death) to serve the living God? And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more consciousness of sins. But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year. For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should TAKE AWAY SINS (But we know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.) Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me (There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. For it is certian in HIM we both move and breath. For it is HE that works in us both to will and do HIS good pleasure)
    In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure. Then said I ( us through the Faith, through Christ, through GOD), Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God. Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law; Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. (in us through Him) By the which will we are sanctified (hallowed, set apart for holy use to serve the living GOD) through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never TAKE AWAY SINS: But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. For by one offering he hath perfected (brought to completion) for ever them that are sanctified (hallowed, set apart for holy use to serve the living GOD). Also the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before, This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; And their sins and iniquities will in no wise still be brought to my remembrance.(Heb 9:14; 1J 3:5; Heb 10:1-17)

Last edited by lightbearer; 10-16-2016 at 07:18 AM.
    Lord we believe, help our unbelief. For you have given us all things that pertain to life and godliness.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lightbearer For This Useful Post:

Math (10-18-2016)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

"In essentials unity, in non-essentials liberty, in all things charity." - Rupertus Meldenius
    The Theology Program

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Math For This Useful Post:

lightbearer (12-02-2016)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

(Heb 8:13 [KJV])
    In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Does thou understandest what thou readest? Maybe you do.

If the commandments, His Word is in our mouths, hearts, minds and hands that we may do it. What need is there of an old covenant that could never take away sin. If we are dead nevertheless we live yet not us but Christ and the life we live now is by the Faith of Christ not faith in, being that we are one with him in heavenly places. If His house we are, the Body of Christ the Temple of GOD. If HE doeth the work and It is HE that worketh in us both to will and do HIS good pleasure. Our sins being in remission, that we all may know HIM from the least unto the greatest. Then yes.

For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. As the Holy Spirit testifieth. We are Cleansed as a vessel made fit for Holy use. Beholding; all things are new and of GOD. No longer a slave to sin; being freed indeed. Enabled; listening to the thus saith the LORD, that is in our hearts, minds, mouths and hands that we may do it. Then yes the old has vanished away or is ready to, as verse 13 states.

But if we are still sinning, ignoring the gift of salvation. Subjecting ourselves to the bondage of sin, as a dog returneth to it's vomit. Then we have returned unto the schoolmaster, which is the law. Once again grieving the HOLY SPIRIT away as in the days of ole. Sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth. Spotting once again that which has been purged by the blood of Yeshua (Jesus); leavening the whole, with a fearful looking forward to judgement and fiery indignation which shall devour the adversaries. But I trust we are not of them who draw back unto perdition (destruction); but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

Lord we believe, help our unbelief. For you have given us all things that pertain to life and godliness.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

This is to beautiful not to share.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lightbearer For This Useful Post:

Math (12-11-2016)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I have heard the use of three letter words from the pews and throughout the common areas throughout this world in my stint as a sojourner here. The four letter words are not as common from the mouths of those who profess Christ in my sphere.

Not to accuse or excuse them. But there are a few gentleman who I know who toss around the three letter words pretty regularly if they become relaxed around ya. They are Pastors, Elders, and Deacons who I've known for a while.

Even so as of yet in all the churches I've found myself to be in, I have not heard three or four letter words being used by a Leader from the pulpit. As if that were any sacred than anywhere else we find our feet to be.

It is Sad this has escalated to the point in Christendom that it has. As if it is ok for us who profess Christ to speak what we know to be curse words. YHWH through the Christ, through Paul is not leaving any wiggle room for those who want to hear and will through HIM. The context is clear in Ephesians 4:29-5:7

"Let no corrupt (decaying) communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption....

Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. Be not ye therefore partakers with them
    (Eph 5:1-7 KJV)

Here are a few different Versions and how they see verse 4:
    “and vileness and stupid speaking or insinuendo, which are not proper, but rather thanksgiving."
    (Eph 5:4 CLV)

Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting — all of which are out of character — but rather thanksgiving.
    (Eph 5:4 NET)

And obscenity (ugliness; indecency; indecorum; shamefulness; baseness), even stupid (moronic; foolish) speaking (talking) or coarse joking (vulgar talking; insinuation; wittiness; quickness in making repartee; making a good turn), which things it has not been proper or fitting to have come up but rather (in preference), giving of thanks (or: conversation marked by grace, gratitude and favor in well-being).
    (Eph 5:4 JMNT)

The Greek word for the word filthiness which the KJV uses is defined in the BDAG thusly:
    αἰσχρότης, ητος, ἡ (range of sense like αἰσχρός: Pla., Gorg. 525a; Artem. 4, 2 p. 204, 8) behavior that flouts social and moral standards, shamefulness, obscenity, abstr. for concr.= αἰσχρολογία (q.v.) Eph 5:4 (KKuhn, NTS 7, ’61, 339 [Qumran]).—TW.

The context of verse 5:4 fits this "behavior that flouts social and moral standards, shamefulness, obscenity..." in respect to our verbiage; how we speak. According to YHWH (GOD) through Paul HE would have us have gratifying speech not the vile, obscene, vulgarity which is so commonly accepted by this world. As a matter of fact to speak thusly comes with a rather emphatic condemnation. Let us post it again; sure would hate for any to miss it.

"For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. Be not ye therefore partakers with them."

So is this as subjective as some might think? Absolutely not. So put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. A new creature (the Body of Christ; the Temple of GOD, whose House we are if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end): old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself through Jesus Christ.

Last edited by lightbearer; 12-11-2016 at 08:40 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lightbearer For This Useful Post:

Math (12-11-2016)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Set a fire in our souls that we cannot contain

Isaiah 64:6 We are all infected and impure with sin. When we display our righteous deeds, they are nothing but filthy rags. Like autumn leaves, we wither and fall, and our sins sweep us away like the wind.

But in and through Christ Romans 5 states:

For even as (a direct comparison) through the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, SO ALSO through the obedience of the One the many shall BE MADE RIGHTEOUS. But Law came in beside, so that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace much more abounded, that as sin ruled in death, so also grace might rule through righteousness to everlasting life, through Jesus Christ our Lord.

What then shall we say? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? GOD forbid! What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin.

If we continue in His word, then we are His disciples indeed; And we shall know the truth, and the truth shall make us free.

How is it we are in bondage? Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. And the servant (sinner) abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. If the Son therefore shall make us free, we shall be free indeed. Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes we were healed. So go and sin no more lest something worse happen unto us. For if after we have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, we are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for us not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after we have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto us.
    (Rom 5:19-6:1-7; John 8:31-34; 1Peter 2:24; 2Pe 2:20-21)

You shall call his name Jesus, for it is he who shall save his people from their sins. “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

(Matt 1:21; Heb 10:4;1Jn 3:5-7 KJV)

But wait doesn't the Bible say that if we say we do not have sin we are a liar and the truth is not in us? No, let's take a closer look at those text in 1 John 1:7-10 shall we.

7. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

All means all. And incidentally, you cannot walk in darkness and in the light at the same time as verse 6 says.

8. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

This verse is being said in relation to verse 7 it does not say that we will sin still the day we die. Otherwise the statement," and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin" would be a lie. What He is saying through the Holy Spirit; GOD, is that we have sin. Sin in this verse is a noun, not a verb. There is a difference between having sin and committing sin. We can have sin and not commit sin. Being tempted; having sin enter my mind and heart is not good either. But….

9. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Once again all means all.

10. If we say that we have not sinned [sinned in this verse is a verb and in the past tense], we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

May the LORD bless us in all HIS Way; Jesus Christ, the way the truth and the life.

And what is life?

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom HE hast sent.

(Joh 17:3 KJV)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lightbearer For This Useful Post:

Math (01-26-2017)

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738