Thread: True Christian are neutral in world politics

Thanks

Default True Christian are neutral in world politics

Jesus emphatically stated, “My kingdom is no part of this world“. As a matter of fact, Jesus stated that if his kingdom were part of the world, his angels would have fought to protect him but as it were Christ Jesus and God’s Kingdom are indeed no part of this world. Because of the many miracles he performed, people on occasion approached him to make him a political king. Did Jesus accept their offer? No. He fled from them. When Satan offered to give all the kingdoms of the world to Jesus in exchange for one act of worship, Jesus refused to accept them. He also did not deny that Satan did indeed control the kingdoms of the world. For this reason, True Christians have no part in the politics of this world. Taking a neutral stand in world politics, they give their whole-souled allegiance to God’s Kingdom while telling others about it sharing the only genuine solution for mankind’s problems.

lived in 5 states traveled extensively in Europe middle East and Asia.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,025 Posts
    Blog Entries

This is frequently the position of pre millenialists who claim that it is only the Lord who can bring the nations under control so they dont try. The post millenialist are of the opposite track they feel that the millenium cannot come until we humans do in fact bring it in by ourselves.

I am a pre millenialist btw.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ParadiseEarthSoon View Post
    Jesus emphatically stated, “My kingdom is no part of this world“. As a matter of fact, Jesus stated that if his kingdom were part of the world, his angels would have fought to protect him but as it were Christ Jesus and God’s Kingdom are indeed no part of this world. Because of the many miracles he performed, people on occasion approached him to make him a political king. Did Jesus accept their offer? No. He fled from them. When Satan offered to give all the kingdoms of the world to Jesus in exchange for one act of worship, Jesus refused to accept them. He also did not deny that Satan did indeed control the kingdoms of the world. For this reason, True Christians have no part in the politics of this world. Taking a neutral stand in world politics, they give their whole-souled allegiance to God’s Kingdom while telling others about it sharing the only genuine solution for mankind’s problems.
    Ironically, the point of your post is not politically neutral at all.

I understand that many people in politics would prefer that Christians remain silent so that corruption can continue unabated. But, from what I can see, Christians are the preserving salt in society.

Jesus and the disciples didn't take a neutral stance regarding politics. His holiness had awesome political consequences that are felt in every country of the world thousands of years later.

If I am given the ability to promote the Lord and holiness through voting or debate, should I hide my light under a lamp?

Neutral, to me, is salt that has lost its saltiness.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Celeste View Post
    This is frequently the position of pre millenialists who claim that it is only the Lord who can bring the nations under control so they dont try. The post millenialist are of the opposite track they feel that the millenium cannot come until we humans do in fact bring it in by ourselves.

I am a pre millenialist btw.
    Many of your comments in this political forum indicate that you are anything but politically neutral, Celeste.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ParadiseEarthSoon View Post
    So
    You don't care if Iran hits Israel with a nuclear missile?
    You don't care if everyone in Darfur dies of malnutrition?
    You don't care how many American soldiers die in Iraq and Afghanistan?
    You don't care whether the health care reform act passes?
    etc.

Thanks

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

it seems that if we do not try and make this a better world then we have deserted the battle.We must wait on Christ for the victory but while we are waiting we must at least try to hold the line.

much love-----------knuckle

Thanks
    Blog Entries

CCS of all the people in charge here in the US GW Bush is the most interventionists since he claims the right to interfere on threat, not on attack.

My own international point of view is to let sleeping dogs lay, not to interfere anywhere unless attacked. But the history of American foreign policy has been interventionist from the start that is why we have military interventions in so many countries (over 100). That and corporate invasions of other countries. Its called cultural imperialism and America is the most egregious purveyor of pop icons anywhere in history.

So I'm really not sure why you want to paint me into that corner CCS.

Thanks

CCS of all the people in charge here in the US GW Bush is the most interventionists since he claims the right to interfere on threat, not on attack.

My own international point of view is to let sleeping dogs lay, not to interfere anywhere unless attacked. But the history of American foreign policy has been interventionist from the start that is why we have military interventions in so many countries (over 100). That and corporate invasions of other countries. Its called cultural imperialism and America is the most egregious purveyor of pop icons anywhere in history.

So I'm really not sure why you want to paint me into that corner CCS.
    Well, when I wrote about you not being neutral, I originally based my comments only on some of the recent comments you've made on this site. In preparing for a response to your "painting" question, I was kind of amazed by the number and severity of your rants and tirades against Bush, Republicans, white males, rich people and "Conservatives".

For example, in "Just rewards?", you imply that "conservatives" are callous and hateful of the sick and the poor:

Quote Originally Posted by Celeste
    It seems the conservatives in America hold onto these values as "traditional" and the logical outcome of this is a hatred for the government which might help those "sinful" people who dont meet their own definition of righteousness.
    The next example comes from "The largest minority":

So much of what goes on in our society is based upon healthy, rich and powerful white males; the traditional disciplinarian father, nurturing mother and two children of the ideal family which increasingly simply doesn't exist anymore. The conservative ideology is based upon this myth existing and being the powerful all encompassing raison d'etre. It is also the ideal place in their minds to which we would ideally return if we could.
    Your poll about the possibility of a depression back in March is another poke at the party you apparently love to hate:

Only if the republicans keep the government from helping
    After that, you come out of the closet (?) in "New transgendered person in our midst":

Yes, that's me!
    Next, you join FFT's impolite thread ("Finally, the Republican image matches their intellectual depth") and pile on some young kid while making jabs at "conservatives":

This kid is a talking parrot just repeating what he's heard from other places. He has no original thought in his head and for those who take him seriously they are in danger of intellectual incest. He's had his 15 minutes of fame and its about time for some real conservatives to regain the lead in the political discussion, wherever they might be found.
    In "Marketing of Psalms 109: 8:

In spite of claims to the contrary I would conclude that Bush wasn't much of a Christian either.
    In "Death and Life support":

The republicans have warned us about death panels, bureaucrats deciding who lives and who dies and yet the whole idea of dying is something that we simply dont like to even talk about, much less discuss it intelligently. So those republicans scream this phrase at us as though it is some horrible idea. yet it is the most intelligent means of making choices about how we choose to die. Still the denial of death means we simply dont talk about it intelligently or not.
    In "Public health initiatives and taxation":

I dont expect those here who choose to express conservative ideas to suddenly change their minds, but public health is one of those issues where they should be overruled. Congress doesn't need for any republicans to vote for the new health care bills let them show their short sightedness and then lose in the elections of 2010. We will have a future where the democrats rule congress for a long time if they can muster up the courage and simply pass this bill without compromising away all the benefits that are there.
    In "Person of the Decade":

Well after thinking awhile I would have to take, in the same sense as your choice for person of the year, George W. Bush. His effect on the whole world was as profound as Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and frankly in the same direction, negatively.
    In "recusing votes":

It seems the RNC has embraced the message of the John Birch society since their next big meeting is sponsored (in part) by that group. These are the folks who in the past accused Eisenhower of being a commie (not just a supporter of communism) but a fully conscious agent of the Soviet Union. They are the ones who see commies under every bed and I thought the tea baggers were whack jobs these are the original whack jobs from back in the 1960's.
    In "Person of the year":

How about Sarah Palin as the person of the year? If there is anyone who doesn't deserve here notoriety it is her. She quit her job as governor. The list of lies she either wrote or told reporters is so lengthy that it would require a semi truck to carry it all.

In spite of all that, there are many people who manage to respect her and who would still vote for her. Someone must be on here side for this to be the case, and the father of lies probably standing right behind her giving her advice.
    In "Lie of the year":

The conservatives use fear mongering to get people to do what they so easily endorse like paying for your own instead of the government paying. But like our dear Obama said during the campaign, we could mandate everyone owning a house but that would not ensure everyone doing it simply because not everyone can afford a house.
    If you've made it this far, you know I'm not just making this stuff up and "painting you" into any corner.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

On international affairs I am in fact neutral so shoot me if I play at politics here.

Thanks

On international affairs I am in fact neutral so shoot me if I play at politics here.
    I'm not shooting!

Prov. 18:17 The first to state his case seems right
    until another comes and cross-examines him.

Prov. 27:17 Iron sharpens iron,
    and one man sharpens another.