Tab Content
  • Dottie's Avatar
    Today, 12:18 PM
    Dottie replied to a poll Do you sin? in Bible Debate Forum
    That isn't news to you, is it? Hasn't this been the case with her all along? (She is going to blast me for this, btw.)
    1287 replies | 16027 view(s)
  • Dottie's Avatar
    Today, 12:16 PM
    Dottie replied to a poll Do you sin? in Bible Debate Forum
    Sure "choose this day whom you will serve.." Seems like it was a choice made in the mind and heart. The mind was not bypassed. "Ye have not...
    1287 replies | 16027 view(s)
  • Dottie's Avatar
    Today, 12:09 AM
    In the interests of widening the understanding, those elements of myth you write are the elements of any story. You can watch most any movie and...
    35 replies | 485 view(s)
  • Dottie's Avatar
    Today, 12:03 AM
    Dottie replied to a poll Do you sin? in Bible Debate Forum
    While I disagree with the doctrine of self-proclaimed sinlessness that seems to have claimed some believers, I still think that we certaily do use...
    1287 replies | 16027 view(s)
  • Dottie's Avatar
    Yesterday, 11:53 PM
    Isn't it ironic that the above poster writes all kinds of nasties to me (only read the first few lines and got the drift right away) that amount to...
    719 replies | 8743 view(s)
  • Dottie's Avatar
    Yesterday, 11:46 PM
    Dottie replied to a thread stuck in Atheism
    He was the perpetrator of his own wrong deeds or repented of them and will have those to answer for. Being the victim of a crime does not gain one...
    100 replies | 1581 view(s)
  • Dottie's Avatar
    Yesterday, 11:43 PM
    Dottie replied to a thread stuck in Atheism
    Two reasons. One, someone else besides you asked for it. Second, to present for those interested in the truth that we believe as we do for REASONS. ...
    100 replies | 1581 view(s)
  • 03cobra's Avatar
    Yesterday, 06:28 PM
    Is it not possible that the shroud was one of two cloths? The innermost one, and the outermost is lost?
    78 replies | 478 view(s)
  • Rene's Avatar
    Yesterday, 10:04 AM
    It seems our conservative friends have a real cognitive dissonance problem...all corporate media is fake but they don't know what is real. Which...
    18 replies | 155 view(s)
  • Dottie's Avatar
    02-22-2017, 11:55 PM
    What we see in Fredjames is the mental meltdown that occurs in those who do not really know why they believe what they believe in and why they reject...
    719 replies | 8743 view(s)
  • Dottie's Avatar
    02-22-2017, 11:32 PM
    Dottie replied to a thread stuck in Atheism
    Never said my evidence should convince you. But what you do is call all evidence of God for those of us who believe merely "imagination" saying that...
    100 replies | 1581 view(s)
  • Dottie's Avatar
    02-22-2017, 12:42 PM
    Dottie replied to a thread stuck in Atheism
    Said without knowing a single piece that was one among hundreds. Not a single incident in those years and you nevertheless make a judgement. This...
    100 replies | 1581 view(s)
  • Dottie's Avatar
    02-22-2017, 10:05 AM
    "Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of" as well as not knowing my name. Don't you want to move on? You have spewed out enough hatred of...
    719 replies | 8743 view(s)
  • Dottie's Avatar
    02-22-2017, 09:55 AM
    Dottie replied to a thread That Serpent in Bible Debate Forum
    I challenge you to find prophetesses and leaders of armies and defeaters of enemies single-handedly and geneology that included women in any religion...
    80 replies | 490 view(s)
  • Dottie's Avatar
    02-22-2017, 09:52 AM
    No, the EU started long before. See this: https://europa.eu/european-union/about-eu/history_en Here is one statment: "Denmark, Ireland and the...
    5 replies | 35 view(s)
  • Dottie's Avatar
    02-22-2017, 09:42 AM
    Dottie replied to a thread stuck in Atheism
    Well, as I said, you, personally, have no evidence of it. Many many others do. What evidence? In the beginning it was hundreds of prayers answered...
    100 replies | 1581 view(s)
  • Rene's Avatar
    02-22-2017, 08:17 AM
    To hear a discussion from our conservative friends about "unbiased" reporting after decades of FOX/Breitbart/Drudge/Rush/Hannity (etc.) strikes me as...
    18 replies | 155 view(s)
  • 1stjohn's Avatar
    02-22-2017, 02:33 AM
    Prov 8 isn't about Jesus. 1 Cor 1:24 is "the wisdom of God." Hebrew and Greek gender are vastly different. If Prov 8 is speaking of a literal person...
    2319 replies | 31277 view(s)
  • Dottie's Avatar
    02-22-2017, 01:05 AM
    I am extremely confident that the Europeans do not think that Bannon does all the talking in Europe. Maybe you do not remember but when the first...
    5 replies | 35 view(s)
  • Dottie's Avatar
    02-22-2017, 12:31 AM
    Dottie replied to a thread That Serpent in Bible Debate Forum
    Sealchan, The account in Genesis was written to address important questions that go all the way back in time although modern men are somewhat...
    80 replies | 490 view(s)
  • Dottie's Avatar
    02-21-2017, 11:38 PM
    Dottie replied to a thread stuck in Atheism
    This is a very astute statment and well put, I have to say. I mean it, this is a very brilliant deduction that one does not find very often at all. ...
    100 replies | 1581 view(s)
  • Dottie's Avatar
    02-21-2017, 11:34 PM
    Dottie replied to a thread stuck in Atheism
    And for decades I have seen real evidence of God AND who He is, how He operates and have come to know Him. Decades of evidence. The difference is...
    100 replies | 1581 view(s)
  • Dottie's Avatar
    02-21-2017, 11:21 PM
    Dottie replied to a thread stuck in Atheism
    If you say that there are no limits to nature or we "cannot even say what the outer limits of natural are" then you have decided to embrace what...
    100 replies | 1581 view(s)
  • Dottie's Avatar
    02-21-2017, 11:14 PM
    Dottie replied to a thread stuck in Atheism
    Please present some of these thoroughly documented examples where Christians, in the last 20 years, have stifled science. I have provided one where...
    100 replies | 1581 view(s)
  • Gideon's Avatar
    02-21-2017, 06:46 PM
    That is, Celeste, faith that does not deny the power of God. Here at this site, or rather at this melting-pot, I might say, is a range of those...
    3 replies | 44 view(s)
  • Gideon's Avatar
    02-21-2017, 05:58 PM
    As a worthy legacy to the people for whom he has endured unparalleled hardships, Moses in his last days pronounces the three memorable discourses...
    3 replies | 44 view(s)
  • Dottie's Avatar
    02-21-2017, 10:55 AM
    Dottie replied to a thread stuck in Atheism
    A Chinese researcher presented the evidence he found in his work at a scientific conference. It questioned some of the assumptions of evolution. He...
    100 replies | 1581 view(s)
  • Dottie's Avatar
    02-21-2017, 10:52 AM
    Dottie replied to a thread stuck in Atheism
    You really can only say that YOU see no evidence. I and millions if not billions of humans over the milennia have seen very strong evidence of the...
    100 replies | 1581 view(s)
  • Gideon's Avatar
    02-21-2017, 03:55 AM
    ...and they were singing the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb: “Great and marvelous Are your doings, Lord God Almighty....
    3 replies | 44 view(s)
  • 1stjohn's Avatar
    02-21-2017, 01:21 AM
    Only if Jesus literally preexisted himself.
    2319 replies | 31277 view(s)
More Activity

33 Visitor Messages

  1. View Conversation
    Hi Dottie,

    I enjoy mostly old classic hymns, Crosby, Wesley, Sankey, Watts etc., not to familiar with modern music, utterly abhor much of that noise today. I am in the 50+ club but refuse to believe it is an age thing. lol
  2. View Conversation
    Hi Dottie,

    Sounds like we are in tune, so what kind of music do you like?

    Jonmarie
  3. View Conversation
    Hello Dottie,

    Welcome to Bible-Discussion.com!

    Please read the rules and enjoy your stay!
Showing Visitor Messages 31 to 33 of 33
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
About Dottie

Basic Information

About Dottie
Biography:
I have been following Jesus since I was 16 and am now over 50.
Location:
Europe
Interests:
Analysing problems, discussing, learning, asking questions
Occupation:
scientific research
Affiliation:
professional organizations and one American women overseas organization

Signature


------------------------
"He has shown you, O man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you. But to do justly..and to love mercy...and to walk humbly with your God."

Statistics


Total Posts
Total Posts
32,526
Posts Per Day
11.82
Visitor Messages
Total Messages
33
Most Recent Message
03-05-2016 03:38 AM
Total Thanks
Total Thanks
4,272
  • Thanked 5,502 Times in 4,597 Posts
General Information
Last Activity
Today 01:38 PM
Join Date
08-14-2009
Referrals
0

18 Friends

  1. 03cobra 03cobra is offline

    Senior Member

    03cobra
  2. 1stjohn 1stjohn is offline

    Senior Member

    1stjohn
  3. Bubba Bubba is offline

    Senior Member

    Bubba
  4. Desert Willow Desert Willow is offline

    Senior Member

    Desert Willow
  5. Gideon Gideon is offline

    Senior Member

    Gideon
  6. Irene Irene is offline

    Member

    Irene
  7. John John is offline

    Senior Member

    John
  8. JonMarie JonMarie is offline

    Senior Member

    JonMarie
  9. Kyrigma Kyrigma is offline

    Senior Member

    Kyrigma
  10. Marshmallow Porcupine Marshmallow Porcupine is offline

    Senior Member

    Marshmallow Porcupine
Showing Friends 1 to 10 of 18
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
View Dottie's Blog

Recent Entries

The Tetragrammaton: How important is it to a Follower of Christ?

by Dottie on 08-17-2015 at 01:12 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Dartman View Post
The truly mind boggling aspect of this discussion is, ALL this resistance is due to a refusal to accept YHVH God as a literal being, with a unique name. The Scriptures, both OT and NT, are written from this perspective, and every single Biblical explanation of God is from this perspective.

Reality reaffirms this perspective.

The ONLY source of ANY theories to the contrary is fiction, or ..... you know who.
Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
As you said several posts back MM501, this conversation

Read More

Categories
Uncategorized

The attraction of universalism

by Dottie on 08-03-2014 at 05:21 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
I have been thinking about the position of universalism. Why does this appeal to people? The theory assures the adherents that no person will ever suffer the torments of hell. All will be saved whether they like it or not. Now I am pretty sure that none of these would insist that all need to be vaccinated whether they like it or not. They will also probably protest if it was decided all will be kept away from illegal drugs whether they like it or not so all will be heavily monitored so as to

Read More

Categories
Uncategorized

God doesn't command a man to love Him (God) with all his mind when it's not possible

by Dottie on 07-22-2014 at 11:43 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Quote Originally Posted by MatthewDuvall View Post
You cannot love God with your mind.
MY very dear Matthew Duvall. I cannot express how this moves me. God has commanded us that we love Him with our minds. "Love the Lord your God with ALL OF YOUR MIND, no less. It is Calvinism that prevents you personally from doing so and I am deeply desirous that my brethren see this. It is Calvinism that blinds the mind because it assumes God is cruelly choosing some and not others. When God commands a man to love Him with all the mind, the man CAN

Read More

Categories
Uncategorized

The Nature of the True God

by Dottie on 02-22-2014 at 03:02 AM
old

Updated 04-23-2014 at 12:08 PM by Dottie

Categories
Uncategorized

The Nature of the True God

by Dottie on 02-16-2014 at 05:52 AM
old

Updated 01-31-2016 at 09:51 PM by Dottie

Categories
Uncategorized