The Gospel and God's Word

Galatians and the Gospel

Rate this Entry
Galatians is not speaking about Circumcision though it is mentioned, it is speaking about the Law in general; the Pentateuch and all that is entailed, which would include the Decalogue; the Ten Commandments.

All of which are done away with because of the Gift of GOD through Christ; Faith.

Knowing that a man is not made righteous by works of law, but that it is through the faith of Jesus Christ (we also believed into Christ Jesus, that we may be justified through the faith of Christ and not by works of law, because all flesh will not be justified by works of law).

But if seeking to be made righteous in Christ, we ourselves also were found to be sinners, is Christ then a minister of sin? Let it not be! For if I build again these things which I destroyed, I confirm myself as a transgressor. For through law I died to law, that I might live to God. I have been crucified with Christ, but I live; yet no longer I, but Christ lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh, I live in the faith of the Son of God, the One loving me and giving Himself over on my behalf.

Why the Law then? It was added because of transgressions, until the Seed should come, to whom it had been promised. But before Faith (Christ) came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the Faith (Christ) which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be made righteous out of faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. Knowing this, that law is not laid down for a righteous one, but for lawless and undisciplined ones, for ungodly and sinful ones, for unholy and profane ones.

But ye are now all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for we are all one in Christ Jesus, one body and one Spirit, even as we also were called in one hope of our calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, above all, through all and in you all. For it is God that worketh in us both to will and do His good pleasure. Thus saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them. This the righteousness which is of faith, which speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ (the Word, the Law. God's will; His Commandments) down from above:) Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.) But what saith it? The Word (the Word, the Law. God's will; His Commandments) is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart that we may do it; that is, the Word of Faith, which we preach.

Do we then make the Law void through Faith; nay in the Law we are standing. And that my friends is the Gospel. (Gal 2:16-20,1:4, 3:19, 3:23-28; 1Ti 1:9-11; Rom 10:6-8; Heb 10:16; Eph 4:4-6; Rom 3:31)
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments