The Gospel and God's Word

The Gospel revives us from our own Righteousness

Rate this Entry
Are we to decide for ourselves what is and is not righteous?
Absolutely not. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;) (Rom 1:18-19; 2:2:12-15)

As Jesus said, "It is written" This was said in regards to the Schoolmaster (the written word; the law contained in the Bible) not contrary to it. (Matt 4:4; Gal 3:24)
Problem was and still is; stiffnecked people who profess Christianity, and in their professing refusing the Schoolmaster; the Law; Written Word. Thus they refuse, "The circumcision made without hands." The Faith of and in Christ. ( Col. 2:11)
From ole, our FATHER has said, "the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live." Deut 30:6
As was shared before and will continue until death do us part. For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ. For therein is the righteousness of GOD is revealed, From Faith to Faith, for it is Written, " the just (the lawful; the righteous) shall live by Faith. That firm foundation which is established in and through Christ Jesus.
For thus saith the LORD from the beginning, "Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ,the Word, all that GOD would have us be. HIS Commandments down from above: ) Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ, the Word, all that GOD would have us be. HIS Commandments again from the dead.) But what saith it? The word (Christ; the Word, the commandments manifested in the flesh, Our flesh) is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, in thy heart, and in thy hand: that we may do it; that is, the word of faith, which we preach. And that is the Gospel, the Kingdom of GOD within you. For GOD hath said, "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them." And HE shall be our GOD and we shall be HIS people, For it is GOD that works in us both to will and do HIS good pleasure. Christ (the Word, His Commandments, GOD's will ) in you the hope of Glory."
For if anyone thinks to be something (righteous through his own wisdom and might), he deceives himself, being nothing. For there is a way that seems right to a man, but the end of it is the ways of death. The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but he who listens to advice is wise. Therefore go in through the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many are the ones who go through it. I am the door. If anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in, and will go out, and will find pasture. But become doers of the Word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. (Gal 6:3; Pro 12:15, 14:12; Mat 7:13; Joh 10:9; Jas 1:22 LITV-TSP)
Let's fall on the Rock which is Jesus and HE will give us rest. For it is Written, "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, because I am meek and lowly in heart, "and you will find rest to your souls." (Jer. 6:16) For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light." (Mat 11:29-30 LITV-TSP)
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments