Recent Blogs Posts

1. Gen 42:24b-29a

-
    Gen 42:24b . . Returning, he talked some more with them. He then chose Simeon from among them and had him shackled in their sight.

Simeon was next in the line of seniority of the ten brothers (Gen 29:31-33). Since Rueben had shown some good colors back at the pit in chapter 37, the lot fell to Simeon; and it was a good choice since he and his brother Levi had so far shown themselves to be the cruelest among the brothers in the matter of Dinah back in chapter 34. Let's just
    Categories
    Bible
  2. Gen 42:18-24a

-
    Gen 42:18-20a . . On the third day Joseph said to them: Do this and you shall live, for I am a God-fearing man. If you are honest men, let one of your brothers be held in your place of detention, while the rest of you go and take home rations for your starving households; but you must bring me your youngest brother, that your words may be verified and that you may not die.

This reversal of terms couldn't have done anything other than to reinforce the brothers' fears that

Updated Yesterday at 09:05 AM by Niyoe'es:ah

Categories
    Bible
  3. Gen 42:9-17

-
    Gen 42:9a . .Then he remembered his dreams about them

When Joseph had those dreams back in chapter 37, he probably had no clue as to how they would be fulfilled. He was only aware, from his father Jacob's interpretations, that he would be lord over his whole family, including his parents. Now it's becoming clear to him just exactly how those dreams were to play out in real life.

Gen 42:9b . . and said to them: You are spies! You have come to see where our
    Categories
    Bible
  4. Parenthesis

-
    John 20:11-17 . . Mary was standing outside the tomb weeping; and so, as she wept, she stooped and looked into the tomb; and she beheld two angels in white sitting, one at the head, and one at the feet, where the body of Jesus had been lying.

. . . And they said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping?" She said to them, "Because they have taken away my lord, and I do not know where they have laid him."

. . .When she had said this, she turned
    Categories
    Bible
  5. Gen 42:1-8

-
    Gen 42:1 . .When Jacob learned that there were rations of grain in Egypt, he said to his sons; Why do you just keep looking at each other?

You can just picture what was going on. One brother would turn to another and ask; What are we going to do for food? And the other would just shrug and raise his eyebrows. They must have been doing that a lot lately because apparently it was beginning to grate on their dad.

Gen 42:2-4 . . He continued: I have heard that
    Categories
    Bible
Page 1 of 209 1231151101 ... LastLast