The Gospel and God's Word

In the End of it all only one thing matters and needs to be understood. Christ and Him crucified.

1. Victory not captivity; the Gospel according to Galatians

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

As one can see in the previous text the solution to not fufilling the lust of the flesh is to walk in the Spirit.

How is that the solution?

For (because) the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, but the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

The things that we would in the above text; ...

Updated 09-15-2017 at 03:28 AM by lightbearer

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Christ and the New Ministration.

Some seem to think that the LAWS of GOD to which sin was defined were changed during Christ's ministry. Let's take a closer look. There are four instances in which this teaching can be derived. Here they are.

He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? And he (the lawyer; an expert in the Law; the Pentateuch. That which was handed down to Moses from GOD) answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength,
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. We are to be what it was we were to obey; it is the GOSPEL

Sadly most fail to consider the following passage. And those who do; fail to consider it in it's full context. The Council is not a suggestion but a decree from the Decrees that were mandated by GOD through Moses.
    Act 15:20-21 in the KJV states, "But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood. For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The hearing of Faith; Christ Jesus is the intent of the Gospel

Is there a difference in what Abraham had and what we have or are to obtained in Christ Jesus? The Scriptures say "EVEN AS Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness."(Gal 3:6 KJV)

"Even as" is a direct comparison. With that in mind tell me what is this " hearing of Faith" found in verses two and five? "This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?"
    (Gal ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Paul was a liar to the glory of GOD

For if the truth of God hath more abounded through MY LIE unto his glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner?

(Rom 3:7 KJV)

Paul testify in verse 3:7 to the truth of God abounding through his lie. The conditionality placed on the verse by the word "if" is in relation to the truth abounding not if he lied. So what was his lie? First let’s take a look at what is “unbelief” in verse three.

Updated 07-29-2017 at 04:46 PM by lightbearer

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast