Zathrus

1. Rev 17 and Rev 20

Rev 17 and Rev 20 were both recently brought up in the "No Man KNows the Day Nor the Hour" thread. I re-read Rev 17 a few days ago and saw a couple of things I hadn't seen earlier.
    Here are the first several verses of Rev 17:
    1And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great w.h.o.r.e that sitteth upon many waters:

2With whom the kings of the earth
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Logical consequences of realized eschatology

Looks like some of the posts that went up in the few days before the board went down are gone. Fortunately I still had this one saved on my computer!

Someone on the forum asked:
    What are the logical consequences of all prophecy having been fulfilled already? Nothing else to look forward to! The whole basis of faith is looking toward those promises and grace being fulfilled for us. If everything is already fulfilled then why is the world the way it is?
    This is a great ...
    Tags: preterism Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The Rapture and the Old Testament

I was inspired to start a thread on the rapture here because of the discussion in Noah’s Lounge on the possibility that the rapture may happen on or around June 25th of whatever year it does occur.

Some time ago, I put up a thread in the Revelation forum called “My Questions to Premillenialists”. It is on page 5 of the forum at the time of my typing this. In that thread, I asked questions of Premillenialists (Christians who believe in a literal 1000 year reign of Christ and believe ...
  4. Dating the book of Revelation

Currently, probably the majority of Bible scholars still believe the book of Revelation was authored in 96AD. This is based on this quote by a church father:

Quote Originally Posted by Irenaeus
    If it had been necessary that his name should be publicly proclaimed at the present season, it would have been uttered by him who saw the Apocalypse. For it was seen no such long time ago, but almost in our own generation, at the end of the reign of Domitian.
    The 95-96AD date is derived from our knowlege of when Domitian ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The Identity of the 144,000

I thought I'd share some exciting thoughts on the 144,000 spoken of in Revelation. This is the description of the 144,000 in Rev 7:

"14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
    15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them. ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast